Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WW2 Dedicated Servers Suck!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

DuskWork44

DuskWork44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 PM

I say do away with dedis completely as p2p is much better because you can connect locally and not be forced to throttle

So do you benefit from a poor connection on dedicated servers?

SwiftCookie

SwiftCookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • LocationAdelaide

I say do away with dedis completely as p2p is much better because you can connect locally and not be forced to throttle 

Everyone from AU, NZ and half of bloody Asia filter through the "Dedicated" server in Sydney, it's a bloody mess! 

ATM if you enter a lobby and see a player on a 1-2 bar they're generally top of the leaderboard because they've been assigned an insane lag compensation aid. 

I say if you're going to implement "Dedicated" servers at least plop enough around the world to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. I do miss P2P connections though so I wouldn't even be mad if they took a step back and switched back whilst doing an overhaul on the servers. 

They made 500 million in the first 3 days, surely they can afford to buy/rent more servers ffs!!

Miss Vendetta

Miss Vendetta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 06:19 PM
  • LocationCentral NY

What's really funny is that I live in NY but keep connecting to California and Texas.....

3000 miles away...

sigh.

SwiftCookie

SwiftCookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM
  • LocationAdelaide

What's really funny is that I live in NY but keep connecting to California and Texas.....

3000 miles away...

sigh.

Damn that sucks aye!

But at least you're not in Australia playing people from overseas every CoD haha i.e. New Zealand (We share the dedicated server in Sydney) Bout 3400kms between us lol Plus we get tonnes of players from all over Asia as well, it's a real shit show over here :(

Sgt-Greco

Sgt-Greco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 PM
  • LocationAthens
If only there was a loophole in netcode to allow p2p, duma sales would skyrocket.
I'm afraid there isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users