Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WW2 on PS4 need help setting

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

maxmadus

maxmadus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 01:32 AM

hi guys,

After ww2 roll out dedicated server globally, i always connect to Japan server. I live in Thailand,South East Asia region, according to net duma geofilter Japan is  the nearest dediated server. PING is very high > 400ms. Ping status in game always indicate in RED. all matches are unplayable.

Any setting that i can get the best out of Geofilter mode.

Thank you

kevo

kevo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 PM
  • Locationalabama

the game is mad broken go buy some EA title they use real 60 hz dedis and you there isnt much shoot first die first  in their game 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM

hi guys,

After ww2 roll out dedicated server globally, i always connect to Japan server. I live in Thailand,South East Asia region, according to net duma geofilter Japan is  the nearest dediated server. PING is very high > 400ms. Ping status in game always indicate in RED. all matches are unplayable.

Any setting that i can get the best out of Geofilter mode.

Thank you

Hi - could you please provide us with some screenshots showing how the Geo-filter map looks when you are playing? As Kevo said above, unfortunately CoD WW2 needs a lot of fixing - there are people in America unable to connect to dedicated servers near them. The game seems to be connecting players to dedicated servers more distant than necessary.

Unfortunately, you will struggle to connect to other hosts when the game detects available dedicated servers. Do you know of any other dedicated servers close to you?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

ltr7

ltr7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 AM

Game is basically broken with dedicated severs being forced on everyone. Hopefully they will turn the p2p back on if we bitch loud enough lol

maxmadus

maxmadus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hi - could you please provide us with some screenshots showing how the Geo-filter map looks when you are playing? As Kevo said above, unfortunately CoD WW2 needs a lot of fixing - there are people in America unable to connect to dedicated servers near them. The game seems to be connecting players to dedicated servers more distant than necessary.

Unfortunately, you will struggle to connect to other hosts when the game detects available dedicated servers. Do you know of any other dedicated servers close to you?

Ok, i will capture screenshots .

According to netduma geofilter, the nearest is located in Japan.

Thank you

DuskWork44

DuskWork44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 01:32 PM
I'm curious, how do you know what the dedicated server looks like on the geo-filter?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Ok, i will capture screenshots .

According to netduma geofilter, the nearest is located in Japan.

Thank you

Japan sounds about right, though Australia may also be a good one to try. You should get a better ping. Temp ban that Japan one as it may be incorrectly located and search again with the same settings, do you get a better ping Japan server? If not try to force Australia.

I'm curious, how do you know what the dedicated server looks like on the geo-filter?

If blocked it will appear as a padlock, if not then when you ping the server it will have a 'Temp ban' button.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

maxmadus

maxmadus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Japan sounds about right, though Australia may also be a good one to try. You should get a better ping. Temp ban that Japan one as it may be incorrectly located and search again with the same settings, do you get a better ping Japan server? If not try to force Australia.

If blocked it will appear as a padlock, if not then when you ping the server it will have a 'Temp ban' button.

When i ping to Japan server, i got ping between 180-450 ms, but always be forced to connect to japan server.

Attached Files

maxmadus

maxmadus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hi fraser,

I use Temp ban, it's said can't ban dedicate server. And connect to Japan server is very high ping,

Attached Files

Soloflyerz

Soloflyerz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local time: 01:32 PM
  • LocationCincinnati Ohio
You should be able to check where the dedis are located, sounds like japan and Australia and just move your location to them, with a small radius and for myself I use 0 ping assist. Takes a bit longer to find a match, but it’s well worth the 30 second wait, oh and I put strict mode on. I know there’s dedi maps posted here in the forum or it’s easy to find exactly where they are in google. Just move it to all the closest to you until you find your best bet. I’ve been testing nearly every setting possible and finally got a decent combo that gives me time to shoot before being insta killed and ok hit detection this weekend. Granted I’m in the US so your mileage may very a bit.

Games still got some issues when I’ve just now found a combo of settings to feel like I’m on an even field with a lot of folks and I’ve been playing since the launch mess. It’s mind blowing how much work it’s taking me year after year to make a game like cod playable when it’s been around for so long, seems to me that psn and all involved in running cod are very cheap with their servers. Still plenty of 1 or 2 bars atop the leaderboard with me bouncing around the map, this weekends been much better than before for me though.

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

To be able to temp ban you need strict mode enabled. Isnt it possible your ping to the Japan servers really is just that high? You are using wireless too it seems.

maxmadus

maxmadus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

You should be able to check where the dedis are located, sounds like japan and Australia and just move your location to them, with a small radius and for myself I use 0 ping assist. Takes a bit longer to find a match, but it’s well worth the 30 second wait, oh and I put strict mode on. I know there’s dedi maps posted here in the forum or it’s easy to find exactly where they are in google. Just move it to all the closest to you until you find your best bet. I’ve been testing nearly every setting possible and finally got a decent combo that gives me time to shoot before being insta killed and ok hit detection this weekend. Granted I’m in the US so your mileage may very a bit.
Games still got some issues when I’ve just now found a combo of settings to feel like I’m on an even field with a lot of folks and I’ve been playing since the launch mess. It’s mind blowing how much work it’s taking me year after year to make a game like cod playable when it’s been around for so long, seems to me that psn and all involved in running cod are very cheap with their servers. Still plenty of 1 or 2 bars atop the leaderboard with me bouncing around the map, this weekends been much better than before for me though.

Thanks mate, i'll try your setting.

To be able to temp ban you need strict mode enabled. Isnt it possible your ping to the Japan servers really is just that high? You are using wireless too it seems.

I use duma to ping host while i'm playing. My ps4 is wired connection, this captured screen is for you guys to check my setting.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Let us know how you got on!

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

maxmadus

maxmadus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Let us know how you got on!

Hi Fraser

I can't find a way, i still connect to dedi japan server. And i have bad games since.
Before that it work great with p2p in my region.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts

How have you found Call of Duty titles in the past? Have they always connected you to the Japan server? I have a feeling this is one of the many issues with the CoD WWII servers, which unfortunately cannot be fixed without a patch from them.

If you can use the Geo-Filter perfectly fine on previous CoD titles that should prove this theory. If you're simply unable to force games close to you because the game is desperately trying to connect you to the Japanese dedicated server, then they need to allow for P2P matchmaking in your area.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users