Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peer/Host ping

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Local time: 06:12 PM

Its being slow/unresponsive and shows 2 to 3 peers ping at most no matter what i do. ( On Chrome )

Dumas going into meltdown maybe - geo page is also not functioning/displaying as it should

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts

Its being slow/unresponsive and shows 2 to 3 peers ping at most no matter what i do. ( On Chrome )

Dumas going into meltdown maybe - geo page is also not functioning/displaying as it should

Did you recently change your UPnP / Port Forwarding settings? Do you mean that pages take a while to load?

Screenshots would be very helpful. In what way is the Geo-filter not displaying properly? Have you tried different devices / browsers, and made sure you are using the default Netduma theme?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Ive changed a profile once then returned to normal settings - but that was a bit back.

WggfOmA.png

This was an extremely horrible match where a party of french seemingly had the most insane gun fight advantage.

** Doesnt happen all the time

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

D5C7tId.png

Yet another HORRIBLE game with a nice low Ping  - Irish host

You know what i did change recently? I changed my ipv6 firewall sec as asked because of another error where it was saying it failed to ping ect

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

bvsJd0O.png

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

When you're on a dedicated server you may not see all players on the map. You do not need peer ping when playing on a server. Your dedicated server ping is VERY good. If its not playing well for you then try to force a different server.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

What about when your not on a dedicated server? I feel it is important to have full visibility. I dont believe our interaction with dedicated servers are working as we are expecting.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Now that servers are back you will almost certainly exclusively be playing on them.

If P2P then peer ping is what you need.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

World Clock

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Aye sorry what i was saying, js that in some of the images above peer ping didnt show players when on a p2p non dedi server.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

It may not always show everyone in the game, nothing to worry about!

Technical support:

World Clock

gcmephisto25

gcmephisto25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
How can i do geo settings if my place is far away from dedicated servers?i can never get perfect ping rate

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts

How can i do geo settings if my place is far away from dedicated servers?i can never get perfect ping rate

If you're living far away from any hosts, a great way to improve your gameplay is by finding out your base ping and improving that as much as possible. Try using the Internet Diagnostics to find out your average base ping and let us know the results for Spikes, Jitter and the likes. These issues can be solved or improved by upgrading your equipment / modem / ISP line.

I'd also recommend using Ping Assist to find the best games. Set Ping Assist to around 60ms, and only increase it if you struggle to find games.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users