Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peer Ping

NetDuma Host Filtering Peer Ping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

3rd Shadow

3rd Shadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 01:03 AM

Hey everyone, wanted to first start off by saying truly enjoy the product.

Would like to remove some frustration from gaming against those who are at a ping way outside my comfort zone 100-300ms  (Didn't take the screen shot in time).

When Peer Ping is selected and I'm seeing above average pings (my opinion) I don't have the luxury of trying to click on every circle to try and find which one is the culprit. I know we discussed this sometime ago, and with the recent update I was hoping to see that capability included.

Is there a way we the end user could click on the culprit displayed on peer ping, and have the circle on the map turn the color of the bar being selected. That would make life a whole lot simpler, then to be out of the game trying to ping every single circle.

Thanks!

Over coming pain is the second obstacle, the first is deciding to!

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,525 posts
  • Local time: 06:03 AM

Hey everyone, wanted to first start off by saying truly enjoy the product.

Would like to remove some frustration from gaming against those who are at a ping way outside my comfort zone 100-300ms  (Didn't take the screen shot in time).

When Peer Ping is selected and I'm seeing above average pings (my opinion) I don't have the luxury of trying to click on every circle to try and find which one is the culprit. I know we discussed this sometime ago, and with the recent update I was hoping to see that capability included.

Is there a way we the end user could click on the culprit displayed on peer ping, and have the circle on the map turn the color of the bar being selected. That would make life a whole lot simpler, then to be out of the game trying to ping every single circle.

Thanks!

I agree, this sounds like a great idea and I'd love to see it implemented. We're introducing loads of usability improvements to DumaOS, and the Geo-filter should be more intuitive to use - especially with giving you the ability to differentiate dedicated servers from other hosts.

I'll add this to my list of suggestions, and hopefully we can add improvements like this somewhere down the line!

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NetDuma, Host Filtering, Peer Ping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users