Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orange/red bars vs ping monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local time: 06:09 AM

I wonder how people go red/orange when the ping monitor shows everyone at 50ms ping or below?

I see alot of this tbh.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,294 posts

Are you talking about peer ping? If so the colour of the bars do not indicate anything, its just aesthetics.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUK
I think he's talking about in game bars mate.

Green is up to 80ms, orange up to 180ms and red is anything past that. I guess he's seeing discrepancies between that and the peer ping results.

THE_DEAD_POOL

THE_DEAD_POOL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Local time: 11:09 PM
  • LocationArizona

Doesn't the Peer-Ping only ping the players to you vs the game pinging the different players to the host?

That's the only conclusion I could come up with. I was seeing the same thing on mine. The lobby seemed to play like crap when there is a player showing a ping of over 120ms on the Peer-ping graph. 

WWII seems so erratic in connection quality. It's pretty all over the place. I haven't been able to dial in the geo-filter. No matter how I have it set up, seems to be hit or miss match quality wise. Even when all the same players stay in the lobby and play the same map, the outcome is totally different from the last. I think there are some net-code issues on the dedi's. 

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

I think he's talking about in game bars mate.

Green is up to 80ms, orange up to 180ms and red is anything past that. I guess he's seeing discrepancies between that and the peer ping results.

This

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,294 posts

I see, well as said you are not always able to see all the players connected to the server to ping them. The ones outside your radius that you cannot see will be the higher pinged players

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users