Silly Question

Before purchasing the R1, I used my router as a switch. I gave it a static IP 192.168.1.2 so I could remove into it. I get my IP addresses from my AD..

The R1 comes dafaulted to 88.1 and I don't see an option to change the .1 to .2, etc. I rather DHCP came from my server..

Currently the R1 is giving out IP, but so is my server. I have the R1 as 3.1 so any deviced conneted to the router is getting that IP (.3.0 ),  but the server is also assigning it an IP.

Is there any way to use the R1 as a switch or does it need to function as a router for the filtering, etc to work.

I cleared all of the addresses from my address lease on my server to see what address it gives anything connected to the R1

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Not a silly question at all.

Its late here so this will be my last answer today. But any other questions or follow-ups I'll respond promptly to in the morning.

The R1 does not have bridge mode, but you can disable DHCP, that sounds like what you want "Settings>DHCP". You can disable DHCP there, you can also change the LAN network as well. Although I suspect you're still on v1.02.2, in which case you may need to restart the router for the settings to be enabled.

Hi,

Not a silly question at all.

Its late here so this will be my last answer today. But any other questions or follow-ups I'll respond promptly to in the morning.

The R1 does not have bridge mode, but you can disable DHCP, that sounds like what you want "Settings>DHCP". You can disable DHCP there, you can also change the LAN network as well. Although I suspect you're still on v1.02.2, in which case you may need to restart the router for the settings to be enabled.

Thanks for the reply man. No prob. We can def handle this on another day.  GN!

Archived