Whitelisting friend

Ive been able to add him now. ( i think? ) Weirdly he appears on the map in the exact same place as the Uk dedi.

It shows him as 472km away yet he is literally down the road. We also have a 35-40ms ping for some reason, i thought with him being close it would be much better?

I can get much lower ping from connecting to places farther away.

Something is really messed up here - i can see multiple dormant hosts while we are sat in the ww2 camp but theres only 2 of us.

Ignoring the dormant router thing - My friend says he had lots of issues with his Isp and they claimed to have given him a direct line to apologise/stop the problems ( to where i dont know ) 

I am jealous of him because he is really close to the cabinet. So i cant get why we have terrible games together and his geo location appears in Kent when we are from Lancashire  :D

• Netduma Staff

Ignoring the dormant router thing - My friend says he had lots of issues with his Isp and they claimed to have given him a direct line to apologise/stop the problems ( to where i dont know ) 

I am jealous of him because he is really close to the cabinet. So i cant get why we have terrible games together and his geo location appears in Kent when we are from Lancashire  :D

You can live really close to someone you're playing with but have a high ping due to the hops needed for the connection to reach them. You might find your connection is going through a relay in London and coming all the way back, or something similar.

What's your base ping?