Really really high ping

I have been thinking with my settings and my ping stays between 80 and 100 i went in and disconnected my duma which I thought could have been the problem but it wasn't I plugged straight into my modem and my ping is around 111 on my xbox could this be a faulty modem?

do a wired test from a pc not from an xpbox or even a ps4 browser as it is so inaccurate.......if you run a pingtest and find it is still that high from a pc or laptop via ethernet then it is your isp.

you can also use pingplotter to see if theres any problems on your connection.

• Netduma Staff

I have been thinking with my settings and my ping stays between 80 and 100 i went in and disconnected my duma which I thought could have been the problem but it wasn't I plugged straight into my modem and my ping is around 111 on my xbox could this be a faulty modem?

This issue will certainly be caused by your equipment - I would run a Pingplotter test for an hour pinging Twitter.com to get the best idea of what's going on. Seems like something has changed on your line if your ping was low before - did you change any equipment or swap service recently?

No, I haven't changed anything but the netduma which replaced a Belkin n600 my ping to the local server here used to be 10 and 18 and now its between 20 and 80 while my Xbox was always pinging at 61 to Seattle now it's between 80 and 100 and has been as high as 250. When I ping Seattle from the pc wired its 180 ms to Seattle and 60 down and 7 up these test has been done straight from my modem and not with the netduma 

I was but I got my issue fixed I wanted to test it a few days before I posted back. It was my modem it was bad causing my ping spikes and bad ping. Ping plotter kept telling me there was no issue which was weird so I connected to dsl reports and never could get a A* buffer bloat so I called my isp they came out and checked everything and said he would just test the modem and now my ping is 6-10 on ping plotter and dsl reports now I got 2.0 kd most games thanks for all your help :)