CoD WW2 Opinions

ColonicBoom

Please try to use this thread for your WW2 opinions, good and bad, what you'd like to see change, etc.

It will make it much easier to read through the support threads that actually need support if they don't go off topic.

Thanks.

My opinions:

1. It needs a patch to fix a few things. As it's new, this should be happening soon.

2. The map designers should be fired out of a cannon far into the ocean and replaced with whoever made the maps in MW2+3.

Just played for first time tonight, played 3 games so not enough for opinions but feels like old school CoD which is nice. Don't like the class system though. Ghosts was perfect for classes. Have no idea what divisions mean or are nor do I have time to watch a video to explain them. Just trying to jump on a few games and play. Played a tdm because I was forced to which sucked. Then played two Dom games ,first was good... Second played against a full squad which while wasn't bad wasn't easy due to randoms going against a full team.

I'll probably play it some more if I can find the time.

The lag was really bad at times but don't currently have my netduma hooked up.

Maps appearance: A+

Maps Flow: FAIL!! GTFO

Endless routes on largers maps is terrible. Endless routes on these small maps. Super terrible. I check both ways crossing street twice and still get wacked from behind.

Regardless, I am enjoying it though.

Procreate, divisions are their way of giving you set perks and restricting the ability to stack perks to make a class outside of what they intend.

Example: the kar98 has zero aim assist unless you use the mountain division. Even then aim assist is only activated by holding breathe. Using that division will prevent you from the perks of other divisions like Sprint speed, dual primaries, longer breathe, etc. Another example is silencers are only on smgs when using airborne division. You can't use a silencer and have the perks like ghost in the mountain division.

Let's see... The servers suck, hit detection sucks, few maps compared to older CoDs and most of these maps suck, customization is ridiculously terrible, shotguns are ass, there's no reason to use the Bren (garbage weapon), the basic training BS is extremely restrictive (bring back perks!!!), friendly grenades stun you for some reason, diamond camo sucks...

4/10

EDIT they just released an update https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Update-for-Call-of-Duty-WWII-on-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One

Damn. Got kicked off due to an update. 90minute download. Wtf! I don't get much opportunity these days to have time to play and then get booted a few games in a session for this?

There is definitely some major lag. Stuttering. But honestly it's nice that it's boots on ground again. I am really enjoying it so far. Don't like class system but whatever. Same maps seem to come up over and over. Is there no map voting anymore? Sheesh I feel old.

Ghosts still is hands down best build a soldier ever made. I hate this new system. Still waiting on update that locked me out of the game. So stupid. So slow too, 852mb is taking forever on my connection. Why would they do that?

try downloading the digital version of the game.  luckily I have 300 Mbps download.  

Let's see... The servers suck, hit detection sucks, few maps compared to older CoDs and most of these maps suck, customization is ridiculously terrible, shotguns are ass, there's no reason to use the Bren (garbage weapon), the basic training BS is extremely restrictive (bring back perks!!!), friendly grenades stun you for some reason, diamond camo sucks...

4/10

EDIT they just released an update https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Latest-Update-for-Call-of-Duty-WWII-on-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One

3/10....game is too restrictive.  Waiting for Treyarch....I hope

There is definitely some major lag. Stuttering. Don't like class system but whatever. Same maps seem to come up over and over. Is there no map voting anymore? Sheesh I feel old.

They're definitely still having some server/matchmaking issues, based on the amount of P2P, host migrations and weird messages that have been popping up this evening. I'm seeing the stuttering in some games too and when I get it in a game I tend to see it until I change lobby. No idea what's causing that but it doesn't seem to happen at all earlier in the evening for me.

I'm not keen on the restrictive class system either. It's more customisable than I first thought but, like RabX2 said, they're purposely locking us out of certain setups.

I'd guess that they quickly realised, due to the swiss-cheese maps and the rapid unpredictable movement (light-speed strafe), you could easily make a catch-all killer class for every game and it would end up dominating the only way people would play.

Saying that, there's very little variety in the way each game plays anyway, which for me is one of the biggest problems.

I'm getting shot from 5 feet in front of me but I never seen them. Happening regularly but not that big a deal due to frequency. Maybe once or twice a game.

You mean when you carefully check both ways, at perfectly the wrong time, so the moment you turn back round they're right in your face or they appear behind you and shoot your unsuspecting butt? Or the ones that are seemingly camouflaged like predator?

Both of those, story of my CoD life. Not sure there's anything more frustrating in CoD than that. Makes you really thankful that they filled the maps with so many routes and corners so you can experience it over and over again  :angry:

I have had it work in my favour too but dumb-luck kills aren't very satisfying.

Then you get these ones...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Colonic%20BOOIVI/video/38861296

There's nothing wrong with it, I got outplayed but I couldn't work out what happened (or even see him from my perspective) until I played this back at 0.25 speed. Crafty little ducker.

So after a few sessions playing. Just not enough maps. Already getting bored with same rotations. Ones they did release are about least favorite made. Just kind of clusterfucts. Lag is a huge issue as always. Loads of disconnections. Hit detection is horrible.

That said, nice to have boots back on the ground. Will probably play it some more from time to time depending if my kids let me. Will it make me buy a copy? Nope. But that's because I just don't have the personal time to out into it.

Because of the P2P it has now been renamed Call Of Dashboard WWII.

A good percentage of matches loose connection to host as he/she dashboards when I am on the winning team, looking forward to a dedi fix

Take it there cant be much host advantage then with all the host migrations and disconnected matches.

Take it there cant be much host advantage then with all the host migrations and disconnected matches.

Seems like no advantage at all, I found it was like that on MW3 (I hated being host on MW3).

With all these problems, i am impressed with sledgehammer, i can never remember a call of duty before where the developers have been updating the community as regular with information about problems, the reasons for said problems and doing thorough testing to get the dedis back up after a code in Fridays update caused issues (confirmed on their twitter).  Seems like they are really dedicated to making this a great call of duty, might even bite the bullet and get the game if they manage what no prevoius developer has for the past 14 years.

IMO they should just leave the dedi's off and run it as P2P.

The game runs so smooth aside from the occasional bad host which you simply rate and you don't get connected to them again.

And yes I realize that the game runs bad for some on P2P but it also runs bad for some on dedi's so it's a catch 22.For me it runs better on P2P than dedi's ever did but  I'm 80 actual miles from a large dedi bank in Illinois.But the game play over the weekend was for the most part really goodbyes I pulled host about 75 percent of the time but I didn't notice a 'HOST" advantage as it ran just as good when someone 400 miles away was the host.

Sweden vs host in Zambia is not the best way to build a multiplayer game!

:lol:

maybe use the geo filter to connect to dedis in Europe instead, that will definitely play better