Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ridiculous Ping Spikes WW2 Dedi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Madman

Madman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM

I just noticed this last night, I was on a dedicated server in California and I live in Arizona. There should be no reason why this would be happening cause I ping to dedis in Cali at 20-30ms. It would spike from 25-1000ms every other second. The hit detection was terrible as well. I pinged my buddy in the lobby and he was getting a ping of 950ms and he lives only 180 miles from me. I want to say it's a glitch in the Duma cause I ran a NetDumas ping diagnostic and everything checked out. I thought someone was ddosing me but ping plotter was averaging 30ms to twitter.com. After I did the diagnostic test in the NetDuma everything was pinging as it should be. Any thoughts on what this could have been or has anyone ever encountered this? 

Attached File  Photo-Nov-08,-11-32-24-AM.jpg   920.36KB   0 downloads

rz4jarrg207r4au4g.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:Twisted Company

TWITTER: Twist3dCo

RoyDavis77

RoyDavis77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Local time: 03:32 AM
  • LocationSouthend-On-Sea Uk

Think thats a bug, which usually happens when the port forward lags out the netduma gui.

Madman

Madman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM
I wonder if it's a visual bug or if it's actually causing ping spikes in the connection?

rz4jarrg207r4au4g.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:Twisted Company

TWITTER: Twist3dCo

RoyDavis77

RoyDavis77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSouthend-On-Sea Uk

I think if there was real 1000ms ping spikes you would probably disconnect from server, that is some serious lag lol.

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,049 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

You'll know if they're real spikes or just a bug in the GUI.

If they're real spikes then it'll be completely unplayable, if it even let's you stay in the lobby.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,746 posts

I wonder if it's a visual bug or if it's actually causing ping spikes in the connection?

The guys above are correct - this is a visual glitch with multiple annoying causes, though it won't be an accurate indicator of your actual ping to the server. Having a ping of over 900 (insert Dragonball Z reference) would result in you getting kicked, and you probably wouldn't even be able to move without rubber banding across the map etc.

It can be caused by switching tabs (rarely), using anything other than the default Netduma theme, using a browser other than Chrome or Firefox etc.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users