Need help with WW2

Jstrick17

Background first. Im on PS4, use netduma router, have 100mb down/10mb up, wired connection, open NAT Type. Located in Spokane Wa, very close to Seattle dedicated servers. Netduma shows my in game ping at 18-22ms and i have 0 packet loss, using 1ms monitor. No matter what i do, other players are instant killing me in every straight up gun fight. On my screen, it appears i see them first, i ADS first, and fire first; however, kill cam shows i never shoot, and other player has ample time to line me up and kill me. I've been playing COD since the original COD4, avg KD across all CODs is 2.5, yet on this game i cannot win a gun fight. When i do get behind someone it feels like i have to put a lot of bullets in them but i get instant killed 90% of the time. Is there something i'm doing wrong? The time for me to kill someone feels like 3x the time it takes for me to die. I load up previous CODs (IW, Bo3, COD4) i dont have this problem. Im looking for some help, i was very excited for this game but its unplayable for me. Are other players getting Lag Comp over me because of my ping? I truly dont understand.

theres something screwed up with the servers. Not only is it a psn issue it is also happening on xbox too. There does not seem to be any dedicated servers or alteast very few of them as activision were having problems over the weekend and into monday as they have been posting on their twitter account. What has been happening is that players have been connecting via p2p and therefore having bad games.

When this will be resolved i do not know, it is only what i have read on twitter, reddit and some youtubers stating.

This is exactly my situation on Xbox. Here’s the kicker, our second Xbox upstairs (also wired, but a newer model) plays much better and is also through Duma.

I have the launch XB1, second one is two years newer - but not sure that’s the difference.

When I say better, it’s a bunch of games but still also suffers on some levels as me. It could be he’s just younger (my son) lol

Jstrick,

You're not the only one...on blops3 I have a 2kd with a 2.5 w/l and for some reason I'm 1 out of every 5 games I'll go positive. I'm assuming its the game for right now but I have had people watching me play and see that im shooting first and get melted as if I never aimed on them.

That's cod for ya man I wish we could of gotten the results of the lag comp experience :-( it might sound you might crazy have to play on Wi-Fi just because Wi-Fi has more latency than wired. A low ping on cod or to the server means nothing. They cater to high latency players they are gods in this game

That's cod for ya man I wish we could of gotten the results of the lag comp experience :-( it might sound you might crazy have to play on Wi-Fi just because Wi-Fi has more latency than wired. A low ping on cod or to the server means nothing. They cater to high latency players they are gods in this game

That might actually help. I went and moved my filter from NC to near Nevada and dropped my PA to 20. It took a while to get a game, but when I did it was much better.

Only bad part was I got dropped mid game and it then showed that server as dormant.

I might try to put it back where I am, but make the circle much smaller and PA about 20 so I won't get any servers near NY

Every game has been like this for me. On target first, fire first, keep firing and don't miss when the enemy finally responds, and I die to the same gun or one that kills slower, and the killcam will show they dealt a damage spike to kill in less shots than necessary. Aiming is fucked up too - I keep getting pushed off. Some kind of weird resistance that makes 14 sens look too slow to get back on target? Lol yeah okay then...

Every server gives me the same thing. I don't get hit detection or time to react like packet loss scrubs get windmilling only for them to get hitmarkers either side of me on thin air.

Some kind of weird resistance that makes 14 sens look too slow to get back on target

I think that's the aim-assist 'slowdown', it seems to be too strong sometimes. Specifically when you get into a gunfight that's not the 'right' distance for the weapon you have equipped. It's really annoying me too.

At close range it's the worst because you can't get back on target fast enough. Or they strafe and your aim-assist drops while you're 'full-stick' trying to counter it, then you'll aim way too fast the wrong way. It feels like, rather than trying to get good at aiming, you're just fighting against the aiming system. The ridiculously fast strafe speed/distance and muzzle flash and flinch makes it much more of a problem too as you can lose track of the enemy for long enough to be killed. Basically you've got to hipfire or ADS onto the enemy and hope they don't strafe in the opposite direction to what you predict. Or stay further away from the enemy so you get caught out less in close-up 1v1 - which is very difficult in the rabbit-run maps they've given us.

I'm really hoping a patch will tweak this.

Shows how good the aiming mechanics actually were in IW.

Is anyone having a good connection experience and if so, what is your location, setup, as avg ping?

Connection feels fine to me for the most part, I'm seeing the odd teleporter every few games but nothing too major.

Setup is standard, settings are standard 70/70 + Hyperlane, playing without the Geo filter at the moment.

Experience is meh. I'm bored of the maps and the weapons already, the general gameplay of camping hide and seek yawns, and there's no unlocks that I'm looking forward to either. Not really feeling like I can put 20+ days into this like I usually do with CoD, even though my KD is already my highest by far in any CoD at this early stage (that's not saying much).

Looks nice on a 4K monitor with X1X though.

I've already gone back on IW this evening and found that a lot more exciting and the gameplay more varied.

Netduma seems shit for this cod, I’m the same as everyone else, open nat 100 down 20 up and I’m getting destroyed, I’ve gone back to just using the bt Home hub with a wired connection and disabling port forward and upnp, means I end up with a strict nat type and the game plays better, someone tell me how the **** that works. My netduma has never worked great for me since I’ve had it to be honest
Bit disappointed

Netduma seems shit for this cod, I’m the same as everyone else, open nat 100 down 20 up and I’m getting destroyed, I’ve gone back to just using the bt Home hub with a wired connection and disabling port forward and upnp, means I end up with a strict nat type and the game plays better, someone tell me how the fuck that works. My netduma has never worked great for me since I’ve had it to be honest

Bit disappointed

Has anything worked for you?

I'm running 70/70, 30 PA, xbox in hyper lane, and have western US coast in my geofilter.  Game is doing well for me at the moment and there are certainly bullshit moments, but I've also considerably changed my playstyle and learned more about the game.  Got some consistent 2-3 k/d games in Kill Confirmed today.

I think that's the aim-assist 'slowdown', it seems to be too strong sometimes. Specifically when you get into a gunfight that's not the 'right' distance for the weapon you have equipped. It's really annoying me too.

At close range it's the worst because you can't get back on target fast enough. Or they strafe and your aim-assist drops while you're 'full-stick' trying to counter it, then you'll aim way too fast the wrong way. It feels like, rather than trying to get good at aiming, you're just fighting against the aiming system. The ridiculously fast strafe speed/distance and muzzle flash and flinch makes it much more of a problem too as you can lose track of the enemy for long enough to be killed. Basically you've got to hipfire or ADS onto the enemy and hope they don't strafe in the opposite direction to what you predict. Or stay further away from the enemy so you get caught out less in close-up 1v1 - which is very difficult in the rabbit-run maps they've given us.

I'm really hoping a patch will tweak this.

Shows how good the aiming mechanics actually were in IW.

Slowdown is just one half of aim assist (the right stick portion)... Sledgehammer likes to split it up into two parts for some reason.

It's more just I go to aim at someone and I get stuck trailing behind because he's lagging. I can be pushing through with MORE stick travel required to get back on top of the player model and it'll track that random bit of nothing perfectly as if their hit box is actually there when the guy is ahead/to the side of where he's actually seen. It doesn't happen on some enemies lol

There are also moments where I'm aiming dead at a guy, he won't even move and my aim will move in a direction I'm not even pushing towards. Like a guy can be ahead and slightly to the right, I'll snap to the chest, start firing, get hitmarkers, all is going well and suddenly my iron sight will move two metres to the left instantly even though I'm holding my stick slightly to the right.

I can only believe it's due to dodgy connectivity because I've had half a game that ran well and every other game has been disgusting.

Netduma seems shit for this cod, I’m the same as everyone else, open nat 100 down 20 up and I’m getting destroyed, I’ve gone back to just using the bt Home hub with a wired connection and disabling port forward and upnp, means I end up with a strict nat type and the game plays better, someone tell me how the **** that works. My netduma has never worked great for me since I’ve had it to be honest

Bit disappointed

Netduma doesn't make you win. You make you win. Or not if you're getting destroyed.

Netduma can't make it worse unless you've butchered your settings.

Create a thread if you need us to look at them.

I'm winning just fine in plenty of games and the connection seems fine too.

Game is doing well for me at the moment and there are certainly bullshit moments, but I've also considerably changed my playstyle and learned more about the game.

Exactly this.

It's more just I go to aim at someone and I get stuck trailing behind. it'll track that random bit of nothing perfectly as if their hit box is actually there when the guy is ahead/to the side of where he's actually seen.

There are also moments where I'm aiming dead at a guy, he won't even move and my aim will move in a direction I'm not even pushing towards. Like a guy can be ahead and slightly to the right, I'll snap to the chest, start firing, get hitmarkers, all is going well and suddenly my iron sight will move two metres to the left instantly even though I'm holding my stick slightly to the right.

Yeah, I have experienced this a few times too but very much in the minority of games. I can't explain it though.

You probably know already that there's a weird rapid and severe first 'sway' when you ADS but it only happens when you first ADS. Driftor did a vid on it.

It shouldn't happen when you're already ADS mid-shootout though, that's something else and I don't know what.

Netduma doesn't make you win. You make you win. Or not if you're getting destroyed.

Netduma can't make it worse unless you've butchered your settings.

Create a thread if you need us to look at them.

I'm winning just fine in plenty of games and the connection seems fine too.

How can I butcher my settings, what I’m saying is the game runs better with no port forwarding and no upnp on my shit bt router, runs awful on the netduma with an open nat type, don’t understand why!

How can I butcher my settings, what I’m saying is the game runs better with no port forwarding and no upnp on my shit bt router, runs awful on the netduma with an open nat type, don’t understand why!

I warmed up with extra health veteran bots just to ensure I'm not slow or having issues aiming or something. Go online, force a game on my local server at 7.1ms, snap to a guy with the M19 AR, get first shots on him before he's even looking at me (facing 90° away), it takes until I've fired my fourth on target shot to get a hitmarker, and before I get a third hitmarker he's slowly turned and instantly dropped me with an STG. They have the same damage, my gun fires a good 200rpm faster, I clearly land more than four shots on target, I'm almost host and all I get from that gunfight is two nonlethal hitmarkers.

Do I need to play on my phones 4G hotspot or something?

From my limited knowledge on this subject, my understanding is strict or moderate will just limit the people that you can play against so perhaps its and inadvertently matching you up with other players with poor connections (or vice versa) putting you at an advantage or other more competitive players that might have been matched up with you via matchmaking that have an open nat aren't being considered. Just one theory, in the past there were times I was on strict or moderate when I wasn't paying attention and I had some really good games but that didn't last. COD feels like it changes it up on you mid game sometimes. I can start a match and everything feels crisp and on point and once I start racking up kills, people become bullet sponges and this seems to happen often for some reason, this game is so bi-polar.

Just an update, i played with somethings this morning and this is what happened:

I play on ps4, 100mb down, 10mb up, 1ms montior. By using my netduma router i am able to control what servers i play the game on and track my ping in those games. I live in spokane i am very close to the seattle servers and usual ping 17-22ms to them. On every other COD that ping gives me outstanding game play, but on WW2 low ping has meant see 1st, ads 1st, shoot 1st, die instantly, kill cam says i never shoot. So i today i limited my router to only let me play on servers in Japan, my ping was 150-200ms, which should mean tons of lag, but it was the complete opposite. The game played amazing, just like previous CODs. To do more testing i invited all the players i met on the japan server to party up. We took turns leading the party and playing games. This meant when i led we played on seattle servers and when they led we played on japan servers. What we found out was that when i led the games, causing them to have higher pings, the game played great for them. They were getting more kills than they normally get. For me, I struggled, and seem to be slightly by a .5 secs. When they hosted, and we played on Japan servers it was the exact opposite. I was in God mode and was untouchable. This is obviously a problem with the games lag comp. I think of any other reason where 150ms ping gives you a better game than 17ms. I truly think if this gets tweaked the game could be outstanding but as off right not it is completely broken.

Just an update, i played with somethings this morning and this is what happened:

I play on ps4, 100mb down, 10mb up, 1ms montior. By using my netduma router i am able to control what servers i play the game on and track my ping in those games. I live in spokane i am very close to the seattle servers and usual ping 17-22ms to them. On every other COD that ping gives me outstanding game play, but on WW2 low ping has meant see 1st, ads 1st, shoot 1st, die instantly, kill cam says i never shoot. So i today i limited my router to only let me play on servers in Japan, my ping was 150-200ms, which should mean tons of lag, but it was the complete opposite. The game played amazing, just like previous CODs. To do more testing i invited all the players i met on the japan server to party up. We took turns leading the party and playing games. This meant when i led we played on seattle servers and when they led we played on japan servers. What we found out was that when i led the games, causing them to have higher pings, the game played great for them. They were getting more kills than they normally get. For me, I struggled, and seem to be slightly by a .5 secs. When they hosted, and we played on Japan servers it was the exact opposite. I was in God mode and was untouchable. This is obviously a problem with the games lag comp. I think of any other reason where 150ms ping gives you a better game than 17ms. I truly think if this gets tweaked the game could be outstanding but as off right not it is completely broken.

that's both interesting and hilarious, gonna give it a try.

I'm just saying that the Netduma can't make it worse unless you have put some settings in that are making it worse. There are loads of ways you can do that. But if you're happy with a strict NAT then play that way.

It doesn't run awful on the Netduma, aside from a few games, a whole lot of campers, and the annoying 'aim-assist strafe speed' problem, it runs fine for me. The game is only a week old and they've got a lot of launch problems still to resolve, I don't know why you think you can resolve these problems yourself by changing router settings or the router itself.

What are you going to blame when you start doing badly on the BT hub?

I played a game on my usual 7ms last night but forced packet loss in the region of 20%. It gave me the best hit detection I've seen since I got the game. Work that one out :D it didn't last though LOL

Connection feels fine to me for the most part, I'm seeing the odd teleporter every few games but nothing too major.

Setup is standard, settings are standard 70/70 + Hyperlane, playing without the Geo filter at the moment.

Experience is meh. I'm bored of the maps and the weapons already, the general gameplay of camping hide and seek yawns, and there's no unlocks that I'm looking forward to either. Not really feeling like I can put 20+ days into this like I usually do with CoD, even though my KD is already my highest by far in any CoD at this early stage (that's not saying much).

Looks nice on a 4K monitor with X1X though.

I've already gone back on IW this evening and found that a lot more exciting and the gameplay more varied.

is there a reason why you are playing without the geo filter are you finding it better