Router does not obtain WAN IP

Adam Qureshi, Operations Manager at Netduma, Ltd. suggested via email for me to create this post.

Right out of the box, the router seems to work fine except does not receive a WAN IP.  ISP confirmed that they do not see the device on their network.

• Upgrading router to version 1.03.6i did not resolve the issue.
  • Cloning the MAC address of my PC did not resolve the issue.
  • Adding "BT" login information did not resolve the issue.
  • Manually specifying a WAN IP does not work (enabling Static IP and clicking Apply disables Static IP)

Everything that does not require a WAN IP seems to work as designed (Wifi, DHCP, login info, port forwarding setup, etc.).

As of right now, I believe my only option is to return this device as I have owned it less than a week.  Please let me know what other options I have.  Thank you in advance.

Why would you mention inputting bt login information when you are not in the UK?

the only time you need to input bt login details is if you are connecting the netduma directly to a bt openreach modem. You will see your wan ip info under device manager only if you are connecting the netduma behind a third party router or router combo such as the bt homehub which has it's own built in modem and does all the authentication for you.

here is an example of mine:

5pTYHln.png

Why would you mention inputting bt login information when you are not in the UK?

Probably because a brand new router should work, I did not find my issue in the forums, and the BT login seemed to help others.  Troubleshooting times call for troubleshooting measures.

Thank you for the feedback.

Adam Qureshi, Operations Manager at Netduma, Ltd. suggested via email for me to create this post.

Right out of the box, the router seems to work fine except does not receive a WAN IP.  ISP confirmed that they do not see the device on their network.

• Upgrading router to version 1.03.6i did not resolve the issue.
  • Cloning the MAC address of my PC did not resolve the issue.
  • Adding "BT" login information did not resolve the issue.
  • Manually specifying a WAN IP does not work (enabling Static IP and clicking Apply disables Static IP)

Everything that does not require a WAN IP seems to work as designed (Wifi, DHCP, login info, port forwarding setup, etc.).

As of right now, I believe my only option is to return this device as I have owned it less than a week.  Please let me know what other options I have.  Thank you in advance.

Well, the router is working now.  I unplugged everything (ISP modem, router, PC Ethernet cable) and then plugged everything back in.  Not sure why this didn't work the other day.

post-22175-0-33388300-1510140365_thumb.jpg

Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  See also: working in IT.

• Netduma Staff

Well, the router is working now.  I unplugged everything (ISP modem, router, PC Ethernet cable) and then plugged everything back in.  Not sure why this didn't work the other day.

attachicon.gifNetduma.jpg

Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  See also: working in IT.

Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm really glad this fixed your issue - your fix would have been among the first things I'd have recommended. Sometimes all it takes is a hard reset, especially when it comes to IP's messing up. Thanks for letting us know your solution - I'll close this thread and mark it as 'solved', though feel free to open a new thread if you have any questions or issues :)