Changing IP Address from Netduma R1

How can I change my IP address using the Netduma. On my Nighthawk router, all I would do is change the MAC Address through my basic Internet settings and apply the change and I would have a different IP. Help please.

I'm thinking he means for Netduma. I use to do it with my Asus router. You modify the MAC address and your ip provider would give you a new IP address after reboot.

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forums Killcamzh,

Do you mean MAC Address cloning? It sounds like that is what you were doing on the Nighthawk. As long as the Netduma is connected directly to the modem, you can go to settings >> WAN and then enable MAC Address cloning and set it to something else - this would change your external IP if that is what you were trying to do :)

Ah so I was right then the outward facing Ip , does a reboot do that anyway with a dynamic ip I know it does for me.

Some ISPs give really long lease times, especially on fibre so a reboot will do it but you sometimes have to have the router off for an hour or so.  New MAC = new IP instantly

Right i was just going back a few years now when i wanted to get round waiting times because of ip , i just used to reboot .

I have no need to change ip now :)

• 5 weeks later...

No your ip address static or dynamic are given to you by your isp , unless you use a VPN or proxy to change it.

If you have any question's it is best to start a new post :)

• 9 months later...

No your ip address static or dynamic are given to you by your isp , unless you use a VPN or proxy to change it.

If you have any question's it is best to start a new post :)

is their a way to change your public ip ? 

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

Depends if you have a dynamic or static IP. A static IP you cannot change. Dynamic, a reboot of your ISP hub/modem or leaving it off for a little bit can result in your IP changing. 

In some cases you can change the MAC address but this will not always change your IP and if it does will only be slightly.

Archived