Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Using Hyper Traffic for conference calls

hyper hyper-traffic conference calls skype webex

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Local time: 04:46 PM
  • LocationNew York State

#Duma Army,

Has anyone ever explored using Hyper traffic for prioritizing Skype or Webex conference calls?  I assume you would need to set up manual rules in the advanced section.  Can I please hear some suggestions and thoughts?  I will be receiving land line, cellular, and internet connections to the same conference bridge.

I already have a skype phone number, but I'm open to better conference call apps, if there are suggestions. 1 big drawback of skype is I can't record the calls, which is something I want to be able to do.  

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts
  • Local time: 09:46 PM

In theory yeah that could totally work. I'm not sure exactly how much bandwidth conference calls would use but as long as it's not too much you should be fine to use Hyper traffic. Find out what ports it uses and then make custom rules. If they're all above 1024 you can use the console service.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Thanks Fraser.  As a follow up question. when setting up the advanced rules I have an option to select  "Destination Only," "Source Only," or "Both"  can you let me know which of those I'm supposed to go with?

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNew York State

In theory yeah that could totally work. I'm not sure exactly how much bandwidth conference calls would use but as long as it's not too much you should be fine to use Hyper traffic. Find out what ports it uses and then make custom rules. If they're all above 1024 you can use the console service.

Hi Fraser  Can you see my post above  this reply please?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,592 posts
  • Local time: 09:46 PM

I would just choose both to be safe

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

major masingil

major masingil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNew York State

I would just choose both to be safe

Thanks Fraser. All the best

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hyper, hyper-traffic, conference calls, skype, webex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users