Monitoring your connection while in game causes connection issues?

Probably sounds a bit weird because I'm going to start this off by saying I can watch the geofilter while in a game, have a fantastic low latency and stability and all seems fine on the ping graph...

However I've noticed that when running a ping test and having the geofilter running at the same time, even with congestion control applied (at any percentage), my line goes to *beep* and I end up with higher base latency and up to 250ms of jitter. I ran several tests to rule out any potential anomaly. If I close my Netduma GUI on my web browser it returns to normal. I can even load another GUI page (congestion control for example) and it's normal. If I start a test with the geofilter up on my browser while a test is running, and close it midway through, my latency and jitter will rapidly crash down towards normal values. Even if I'm not pinging a host/server with the geofilter, and I simply have the page open, it causes problems.

I thought maybe it was pinging a host at the same time, or even just leaving Auto Ping Host enabled, that caused this, but I unticked my preferences one by one (Auto Ping Host, Strict Mode and Low Resolution Map) while leaving the geofilter page open and it remained the same. I then disabled the geofilter entirely while leaving the page open and still no change.

So I switched to a tablet to try running a ping test on one device's browser while leaving the geofilter up on my laptop. It returned to normal and I had more like 0.1-0.2ms of jitter.

I did all this while using 70/70 preemptive sliders. Can anyone think of any reason that the geofilter graph would display "normal" results, while a ping test is running on the same browser as the geofilter page and displays horrible results? Surely the geofilter isn't that demanding? And wouldn't those stability issues be reflected on the geofilter ping graph? Simply running a ping test at the same time doesn't seem to cause issues because I've done that while, say, downloading something, and if congestion control is applied there's no additional jitter at all. Running the geofilter at the same time as a ping test shouldn't stress the line anymore than simply using the internet normally. That's what the sliders are for :D

All this time I've been keeping my geofilter page up so I could monitor my connection and scratch my head when a game seemed spongy and I'd get quarter second audible hitmarker delays. Could be a coincidence but the last time I had a flawless session on IW was while not using the geofilter page, as I simply set it over my local server and forgot about it. 99% of my time playing CoD has me leaving the geofilter page open because I'm very particular about controlling different settings and connecting to certain servers, as much of the last two years has been frustrating. I didn't even have issues on Ghosts with Virgin Media and their cable is terribly unstable. I didn't even have a Netduma at the time. I hadn't even met the guy who encouraged me to buy one by that point ;)

I know it goes "Beep" on the ps4 browser, if you have geo-filter on one tabe and do a dslr test on another tab, the pings goes sky high, of course dslr test on a console isn't very reliable, it is though interesting to see what happens, never tried it on the laptop as i just assumed it was down to the crappy ps4 browser.

Weirdly enough I just used the usual 70% preemptive sliders with 50ms ping assist only and had nothing but great games on IW with the geofilter page well and truly closed lol. I would have given IW a try but my mate said it was down at the time

I know it's probably just a PS4 browser issue but otherwise the pings reported on the geofilter are on point. I confirmed with PingPlotter and an IW server IP.

I wonder if this issue occurs using the ping test on a PC with it on one browser tab and the geofilter open on another.