Duma And WW2 PS4

DumaRocks

Anyone else seeing really big lag spikes in duma for the servers. 

I have a ping plotter at 12 ms to 20 ms on average to 8.8.8.8 but when I am connected to a server on COD WW2  that is relatively near me meaning within 500 miles, I am getting pings jumping from around 12ms to 100+ ms. In one game I had over 125ms but I think the whole throttle argument played to my advantage there since no one could kill me, LOL! Fortunately I ruled out the throttle technique since it usually seems to work against you, although, in that game play it didn't, I was running a 2 bar in that game and dominated. The next game, nothing registered so eh, whatever.

Is this a COD thing or is there an inconsistency within the duma readings. I did update to the newest firmware 103.6i.

Game play on COD WW2 is sporadic in performance just like every other COD so no surprise there, that is when the menus and all the other launch issues are there.

Anyone experience similar issues with WW2 COD, PS4 if that matters.

Anyone experience similar issues with WW2 COD

Yes, everybody is having problems with WW2. I spent most of the evening looking at a loading screen and a big chunk of the rest of the time being stuck on various other screens. When I finally got games they were high ping crap and P2P.

You've obviously not seen Twitter, you should check it out. Activision sometimes write stuff on there about their servers and people write things back to them.

Until Activision / Sledgehammer sort out the HQ and the matchmaking servers this is how it will be.

I only bothered playing half a game because it was so poor. I still can't be certain whether it impacts the game or not - it seemed to in IW - but the prelobby host was jittering from 40-180ms and the only guy to take 15 seconds to climb to a three bar after spawning was skipping and unkillable, while I was on 8ms to the server.

Dunno if I can bring myself to try it again hahaha

Unless you've throttled too far beyond what the game needs and are creating packet loss (and the spikes), then you're creating your own lag.

OK, thanks but just to clarify, I wasn't throttling down, I just mentioned the throttle as I know there are people that do that to gain a theoretical advantage. I just meant that according to the duma readings it the jumps in ping it would appear that I was throttling when I wasn't, not sure if that make sense. So in that one game, the servers performance seem to put me at an advantage based how I did in that game without me changing any of my normal settings but than again, if I am getting those crazy lag spikes, maybe everyone in my lobby was too and I just happened to be on the good side of a really bad connection. It was only one game where I felt like I could not be killed.