Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ping spikes in COD WWII

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 01:32 PM
  • LocationNY

I was getting ping spike in COD IW and now I'm getting the same in COD WWII. My ping will go from 30ms to 150ms then back again. After chatting with activision support I tried rresetting routers, clearing cache on my xbox, resetting my xbox. Still getting the same thing.

Attached File  Screenshot (43).png   37.32KB   2 downloads

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,718 posts
  • Local time: 06:32 PM
  • LocationLondon, UK

On CoD launch day, when the servers are being blasted from all directions and are falling over constantly, when Activision has been tweeting about servers problems on all CoDs...

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

ColonicBoom, I know the servers are over worked now, but I get the same thing in IW.

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,718 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Activision has been tweeting about servers problems on ALL CoDs...

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,718 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

If you meant that it's always like this but you're set up properly, then it's most likely on your line or caused by an ISP provided home hub.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Yeah give it a bit of time to settle down, launch weekend is always mad. Despite people knowing this happens every time everyone goes mental!

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Yeah I agree. If it wasn't happening in IW I would have just chalked it up to being overloaded servers. The spikes seem to be getting better though.

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Okay for an update, it is getting worse instead of better. Today I am getting spikes upward of 2000ms. Activision said the dedicated servers are back up so I think it may be my connection. I ran Ping Plotter and here are the results.   https://imgur.com/a/Hb18O

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Everyone is complaining about the servers at the moment. To the point where they have actually taken servers offline: https://twitter.com/ATVIAssistso give them time to resolve the issues people are having and I'm sure it will start to play better.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

World Clock

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

Fraser did you look at the ping chart I posted? That's pinging twitter from my connection, it didn't look good to me.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Oh sorry missed that. I imagine direct from the hub is the same? 

Definitely appears to be a line issue, I'd contact your ISP and see if there is anything they can do.

Technical support:

World Clock

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. Along with the spikes I'm also getting disconnects.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Let us know how you get on!

Technical support:

World Clock

Axeman747

Axeman747

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNY

They came and checked the line and found all kinds of problems. Spikes seem to have gotten better, time will tell.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts

They came and checked the line and found all kinds of problems. Spikes seem to have gotten better, time will tell.

It's great to hear they acknowledged that your line has issues. Hopefully they'll take all the necessary steps to resolve the issues. I'd keep running PingPlotter tests whenever they change / fix anything (if they're coming back).

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users