Netduma Continues to drop connection

Hi Netduma,

Really need some help here.  The Netduma keeps dropping connection and its driving me and my house mad.  I have followed the advice here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

It did not seem to help, as a matter of fact when I changed to PSK2 the interface would not come up and I had to factory reboot.

My current code is: 1.03.6g

This started about 3 - 4 weeks ago and has recently become constant.

Any assistance would be welcome!

• Administrators

I've moved your thread to General Support.

Are there any physical obstructions around the router like a wall etc? Also avoid having it in an area other wireless/electrical devices. Most wireless device operate on the 2.4GHz frequency and are more likely to cause interference so move any wireless headphones etc away from the router. Believe it or not a microwave can mess with WiFi signals!

• Administrators

Brand new issue. The router is in my basement in the dark closet.

That's probably part of the issue, not in a central location and having to penetrate the floor/other walls. Would it be possible to put it in a more open location?

Why would the issue just start now after more than a year and a half of stability?  Also, it goes down in the basement when I am less than 20 feet from the router.  I am trying some things to keep stable....checked all connections, keeping away from other devices, etc...  I'll keep you posted to my progress.

Same Issue here, My Ethernet Connections and my Wifi connections drop. And it seems like NetDuma Doesn't know what the Issue is. After its been running for about a year or so. (and yes i just joined only to write this post because it seems like These guys dont know how to fix it)

• Administrators

Why would the issue just start now after more than a year and a half of stability?  Also, it goes down in the basement when I am less than 20 feet from the router.  I am trying some things to keep stable....checked all connections, keeping away from other devices, etc...  I'll keep you posted to my progress.

Possible over heating/degradation by reduced air flow. Also try the following:

Double check there are no devices in the device manager that are blocked i.e. have a big red X on them.

Double check there are no devices in your Geo-filter other than the device that is definitely your wired/wireless console.

Give your devices a static IP in DHCP lease.

Same Issue here, My Ethernet Connections and my Wifi connections drop. And it seems like NetDuma Doesn't know what the Issue is. After its been running for about a year or so. (and yes i just joined only to write this post because it seems like These guys dont know how to fix it)

Can you try the above as well as making sure all your cables are firmly plugged in please.

• Administrators

Mine been doing the same thing for less than two weeks. And mine is in my living room about 30 feet from my pc.

Can you make a new topic about your issue please, it's hard to support multiple people in one topic. 

Also follow: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-