WiFi and Streaming issues

Since starting to use the Netduma, I've been getting terrible problems streaming Amazon to my LG Smart TV's, one upstairs, one down, both hard wired.

Strangely, Netflix and NowTV on the same TV's work perfectly, but Amazon now just buffers constantly and throws bandwidth errors at me. 

Have tried both hard wired and wireless, same problem on both.

Speed I get is around 70 / 20 mbps hard wired and 60 / 15 Mbps wireless. Have even run a speed test on the TV via it's web browser and getting the same speeds.

On to the wireless issues, it's constantly falling over and disconnecting all my devices, I'm having to reboot the R1 to get it all working again. Have tried all the different settings from the various posts in the help and on this forum, but none seem to solve the issue, it just randomly stops working.

Anyone got any suggestions?

On to the wireless issues, it's constantly falling over and disconnecting all my devices, I'm having to reboot the R1 to get it all working again. Have tried all the different settings from the various posts in the help and on this forum, but none seem to solve the issue, it just randomly stops working.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I've got no suggestions regarding Amazon streaming, I've never used it. I can't see how it can be a bandwidth issue if the other streaming services are working fine on the same TVs though, unless it's really needy in comparison.

Regarding wifi:

Run a scan from your laptop and make sure you're using the least congested channel, most people have their home router on auto-channel so the least congested one can change.

And you can try the wifi workaround option in settings if you haven't already.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Shouldn't have an issue with those speeds. Make sure nothing is in hyper traffic when you're attempting Amazon streaming. If that doesn't work allocate bandwidth to it and untick share excess to make sure it can get it.

WiFi: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

Thanks for the replies.

Have tried most combinations of settings that I've found on the forum and in the help files, I can get the wifi to be slightly less tempermental in PSK2, but it still drops out a few times a day on all devices. Allocating bandwidth to the TV's etc didn't seem to make any difference for streaming and nothing was in hyper traffic.

I've ended up plugging in my old Netgear router and both the issues have gone away.

Certainly an odd one, especially with the Amazon streaming when Netflix etc. was fine.

I'm going to reset the router and fiddle some more when I get time.

Edit: Wired connections were starting to drop out as well btw, not with the frequency of the wifi drops, but still seemed flaky.

• Administrators

Are there any physical obstructions around the router like a wall etc? Also avoid having it in an area other wireless/electrical devices. Most wireless device operate on the 2.4GHz frequency and are more likely to cause interference so move any wireless headphones etc away from the router. Believe it or not a microwave can mess with WiFi signals!

Do you have turbo mode enabled or reactive algorithm by any chance? Try disabling turbo mode first and see if Amazon can stream. If not switch to preemptive, is it able to stream then? 

Set static IPs for your devices in DHCP lease.