This is how cod have been lately

kevo

Doing that won't make any difference then as you're probably n2ot being affected by her.

Have you run any tests to check if your line is behaving? You never know when your ISP is going to make some 'improvements'.

My old ISP made 'improvements' to the infrastructure in my area, it became so bad that I lost tv for days at a time and the connection became completely unusable for gaming. After a couple of months of faffing around they had to release me from my contract because it was no longer fit for purpose.

I've ran a few results on my line everything is good. I'm just far behind in game getting one shot to the knee cap and still getting shot around corners lol on my screen I'm outta sight check the kill cam they are shooting air and getting kills lol

There are loads of ways of optimising the congestion control but this is how i would start for cod games. Firstly set the highest CC slider settings that give you the best bufferbloat results for your network. Then you need to untick share excess only on the upload device prio flower and give your console a value so that its get approx 1mb upload, you may have to adjust your upload slider down if you have high speeds (more than 100mb upload). Then plays some games, if you are still feeling behind then you need to keep lowering the consoles upload device number until it feels better. you might have to go all the way down to 100kb lol. If you start rubberbanding and lagging tho your upload is to low. You also need to try these settings with pre-emptive and then reactive to see which plays better for you. Do not worry about your bufferbloat tests as they are irrelevant at this stage, its all about how the game plays and feels. I have had great games with a BB F rating lol.

This is just the first step really and not a guaranteed fix. If you are still struggling you maybe want to look at gaming with a VPN so that you can increase your latency. I am currently testing this out and the results are pretty promising. (I would only recommend this for people with good clean lines with no issues though). Again you could spend hours tweaking but unfortunately cod is still cod, a completely bullshit randomised FPS.

is an understatement.

Of course try it, we all have. Might as well wear lucky underpants though.

Lets be honest the majority of people on here prob wont have tried these settings as everyone seems to be aiming for the A+ bufferbloat settings and for some people that works but if it doesnt you need to think outside the box especially for cod games. This is also not aimed or for the camper type player or newbie who gets under 15 kills a game etc as it is unlikely they have the skill set to be able to tell the subtle differences the bandwidth changes make to their gameplay.

Lets be honest the majority of people on here prob wont have tried these settings as everyone seems to be aiming for the A+ bufferbloat settings and for some people that works but if it doesnt you need to think outside the box especially for cod games. This is also not aimed or for the camper type player or newbie who gets under 15 kills a game etc as it is unlikely they have the skill set to be able to tell the subtle differences the bandwidth changes make to their gameplay.

Pretty much everyone who has ever searched 'beat lag compensation' has tried this.

It works as far as avoiding 'host' or at least it used to work, back when it was a factor, due to the sometimes poorly implemented reduction of 'host advantage' but it's irrelevant now.

Any subtle changes are in your head, not that you'd be able to objectively tell anyway seeing as each lobby is different in so many aspects, players, maps, team balancing, choices people make in game, server, ping, etc.

That you genuinely believe it gives you an advantage and that you're tricking the system shows that you're a cheat. Or would be if what you were trying actually did what you think it does. As it is you're just trying to cheat.

Pretty much everyone who has ever searched 'beat lag compensation' has tried this.

It works as far as avoiding 'host' or at least it used to work, back when it was a factor, due to the sometimes poorly implemented reduction of 'host advantage' but it's irrelevant now.

Any subtle changes are in your head, not that you'd be able to objectively tell anyway seeing as each lobby is different in so many aspects, players, maps, team balancing, choices people make in game, server, ping, etc.

That you genuinely believe it gives you an advantage and that you're tricking the system shows that you're a cheat. Or would be if what you were trying actually did what you think it does. As it is you're just trying to cheat.

Wow now your calling me a cheat lol, and i never said it gave me an advantage it only makes the games fairer so i actually stand a chance in a gunfight, i still get shredded at times. I am not talking about super throttling my connection which you lot say is cheating etc etc even tho netduma mentions gaming uses very little bandwidth and when someones decides to use very little bandwidth you call them cheats lol. So you would say using 0.5mb upload speed is cheating? And its not just in my head there are noticeable differences to the hit detection and 'sponge' ability when you play with your consoles bandwidth, your prob not skilled enough to tell for yourself. You stick with your settings that give you "mushy" gameplay if that works for you, but i am just trying to help and offer advice to people who are struggling with finding good settings, people can try it or not i dont care. But i dont expect to be getting called a cheat especially from netduma staff. You have just lost my respect sir.

Wow now your calling me a cheat lol, and i never said it gave me an advantage it only makes the games fairer so i actually stand a chance in a gunfight, i still get shredded at times. I am not talking about super throttling my connection which you lot say is cheating etc etc even tho netduma mentions gaming uses very little bandwidth and when someones decides to use very little bandwidth you call them cheats lol. So you would say using 0.5mb upload speed is cheating? And its not just in my head there are noticeable differences to the hit detection and 'sponge' ability when you play with your consoles bandwidth, your prob not skilled enough to tell for yourself. You stick with your settings that give you "mushy" gameplay if that works for you, but i am just trying to help and offer advice to people who are struggling with finding good settings, people can try it or not i dont care. But i dont expect to be getting called a cheat especially from netduma staff. You have just lost my respect sir.

Don't stoop to play the staff card, it's weak, you know I'm just a volunteer forum moderator.

I can't really be bothered to argue throttling and/or lag compensation again but I will if you want.

I don't need to call you a cheat, you're telling people that you can exploit some mechanism built into the game to make it more 'fair' for yourself while leaving it as less 'fair' for others. If it did work then it would obviously be cheating. As it doesn't work, it's just bad advice.

And because it doesn't work you're not cheating but you're trying to.

There's no need to call my skill into question, I haven't done that with your intelligence.

Don't stoop to play the staff card, it's weak, you know I'm just a volunteer forum moderator.

I can't really be bothered to argue throttling and/or lag compensation again but I will if you want.

I don't need to call you a cheat, you're telling people that you can exploit some mechanism built into the game to make it more 'fair' for yourself while leaving it as less 'fair' for others. If it did work then it would obviously be cheating. As it doesn't work, it's just bad advice.

And because it doesn't work you're not cheating but you're trying to.

There's no need to call my skill into question, I haven't done that with your intelligence.

I am not sure where you have got me trying to exploit the system from as i clearly said i am trying to seek fair gameplay and 'fair' in its entirety in this case means a 50/50 chance in a gunfight which is not an advantage for me. I really dont understand why you call this cheating as it is far from that. I think you're insinuating i am some sort of 1bar lag switching wizard by the sounds of it.

Unfortunately skill is a big deciding factor in this instance. its effectively like a new guitar player not being able to tell their guitar is out of tune, i am not saying thats you, just a generalisation. I never outright called you unskilled i just insinuated it. Thats far nicer than being called a cheat and delusional "all in your head"

I am sure we could go back and forth for days as we are both stubborn gits by the looks of it and i know you like a good barny but i think we can draw a line under this one unless you have any more to add in which case i will be happy to respond accordingly.

I had to remove the first part of your post.

The moderators are here to remove offensive content, language and spam, to remove offensive people and trolls, to offer advice where they can, to counter misinformation and for general forum policing. It is not acceptable to attempt to publicly undermine the moderators or admins, use the report button.

When I said "in your head", it wasn't an insult. I just meant, due to the huge number of variables, you can't objectively determine that it influenced the result. There are literally infinite possibilities between two gaming sessions. So many things will change, not only between sessions but between lobbies, between games, from one minute to the next.

I'm not insinuating that you're a 1 bar lag-switcher either. If you're doing well, winning and maintaining good stats then I don't think that's because you're fiddling with your bandwidth, I think that's just because you're skilled at this game.

What I'm saying is that EVERYONE that is trying to get around ANY system built into a game, which is there to attempt to create fairness for all, to try to gain an unfair advantage (or 'fix' a perceived disadvantage), is clearly trying to trick/cheat the system that's in place. There isn't even an argument to make against this point, it's obvious.

If you don't think it qualifies as attempting to 'gain an unfair advantage' or 'cheat the system', then answer this...

What happens if everyone in the lobby does the same thing and removes their own disadvantage to make it 'fair' for themselves?

Does it then play perfectly, nobody 'sponges', nobody 'drops quick', nobody gets killed around a corner, every gunfight feels fair for everybody?

Do some people still say that they're at a disadvantage even though that's not possible?

Or would it go back to how it was before, when it wasn't 'fair' for you, forcing you to find another lobby where it's only 'fair' for you?

Spot on. I can't play the guitar and I'm a stubborn git.

I had to remove the first part of your post.

The moderators are here to remove offensive content, language and spam, to remove offensive people and trolls, to offer advice where they can, to counter misinformation and for general forum policing. It is not acceptable to attempt to publicly undermine the moderators or admins, use the report button.

When I said "in your head", it wasn't an insult. I just meant, due to the huge number of variables, you can't objectively determine that it influenced the result. There are literally infinite possibilities between two gaming sessions. So many things will change, not only between sessions but between lobbies, between games, from one minute to the next.

I'm not insinuating that you're a 1 bar lag-switcher either. If you're doing well, winning and maintaining good stats then I don't think that's because you're fiddling with your bandwidth, I think that's just because you're skilled at this game.

What I'm saying is that EVERYONE that is trying to get around ANY system built into a game, which is there to attempt to create fairness for all, to try to gain an unfair advantage (or 'fix' a perceived disadvantage), is clearly trying to trick/cheat the system that's in place. There isn't even an argument to make against this point, it's obvious.

If you don't think it qualifies as attempting to 'gain an unfair advantage' or 'cheat the system', then answer this...

What happens if everyone in the lobby does the same thing and removes their own disadvantage to make it 'fair' for themselves?

Does it then play perfectly, nobody 'sponges', nobody 'drops quick', nobody gets killed around a corner, every gunfight feels fair for everybody?

Do some people still say that they're at a disadvantage even though that's not possible?

Or would it go back to how it was before, when it wasn't 'fair' for you, forcing you to find another lobby where it's only 'fair' for you?

Spot on. I can't play the guitar and I'm a stubborn git.

Not sure why you removed the first part as in no way was it offensive, it was purely factual. In future i shall make use of the report button, who looks at these reports out of interest? please dont say yourself lol in which case i would like to speak to your supervisor :D .

If everybody had a 'fair' experience then skill would become the overriding factor of how well someone does not how good their 'cod' connection is and as we all know for cod connection is the biggest weapon.

Not sure why you removed the first part as in no way was it offensive, it was purely factual. In future i shall make use of the report button, who looks at these reports out of interest? please dont say yourself lol in which case i would like to speak to your supervisor :D .

If everybody had a 'fair' experience then skill would become the overriding factor of how well someone does not how good their 'cod' connection is and as we all know for cod connection is the biggest weapon.

They go to all mods and admins, they are all my supervisors - I'm the coffee boy.

Imagine the future when everyone has good stable internet with superfast pings and the matchmaking/compensation systems have it easy.

It should happen one day, just before the sun implodes and we get actually get melted. There's no sponging that.