Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Krack WiFi Vulnerability Upgrade (1.03.6i)

Krack WPA2 Vulnerability Upgrade WiFi

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local time: 02:23 PM

Update went off fine.

On a slightly related topic, if we have a botched update and we need to "contact us" how exactly should we do that?

If the upgrade goes wrong in any way, just create a thread on General Support and we'll do our best to solve the issue :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

SM961

SM961

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Local time: 06:23 AM
  • LocationUS - CA

Whose's this upgrade for? I'm on G.

17064580.png30181363.png

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

Whose's this upgrade for? I'm on G.

Anyone who is worried enough about the Krack vulnerability. Up to you whether you upgrade or not.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

NoMoreMyFriend-S

NoMoreMyFriend-S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 03:23 PM

This upgrade is to fix the recently discovered WiFi vulnerability - Krack. This upgrade is optional, there are no extra features or other bug fixes included. This is not DumaOS. If you have the R1 WiFi disabled then there is no need to upgrade to this version though it may be a good idea to do so if you plan on using the WiFi again in future.

If you are not on the latest version - 1.03.6g/h you will need to upgrade to that first before upgrading to this version. To check your version/upgrade to .g please go here.

Upgrade Instructions

• Download the upgrade here
  • Go to the Upgrade section on the Netduma interface
  • Choose Advanced
  • Ensure preserve settings & check version are ticked.
  • Click browse & navigate to where you downloaded the upgrade file and click open.
  • Click upgrade, it will take around 3 minutes. Please do not unplug the router during this time.
  • If you are wired to your computer or connected via Wifi (and won't automatically connect to another Wifi name) you will be taken to the home interface screen when the upgrade has been completed.
  • If the rare event that you get an error message please contact us and do not turn off the router. Do not worry, it just requires some help from our team.

Change Log

• Fixed WPA2 KRACK attack by accepting key reinstall without changing anything.

Hi, I just tried to do this, but th elink to the update if broken. I am on .g version and just wanted to fix the wifi thing.
many thanks

Best,

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

Hi, I just tried to do this, but th elink to the update if broken. I am on .g version and just wanted to fix the wifi thing.
many thanks

Best,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll find it tomorrow and post a fresh link.

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

NoMoreMyFriend-S

NoMoreMyFriend-S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 03:23 PM

Thanks for letting me know, I'll find it tomorrow and post a fresh link.

sorry, but the link is still not fixed

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,576 posts

sorry, but the link is still not fixed

Fixed

Time Converter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Krack, WPA2, Vulnerability, Upgrade, WiFi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users