Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Krack WiFi Vulnerability Upgrade (1.03.6i)

Krack WPA2 Vulnerability Upgrade WiFi

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Bigben99

Bigben99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 08:56 AM
  • LocationNorthfleet, Kent

Thanks for the upgrade keep up the great work :)

Gamingcavalier

Gamingcavalier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Are you on 1.03.6g currently? If so factory reset and try the upgrade again please.

Tried a reboot first, did the trick.  Thanks for the quick update.

Scythe

Scythe

Advanced Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationLake District Up A Creek

Fanstastic turn around on the update fix ;)

sirzepp

sirzepp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 AM

My interface is acting funny.  I was not able to reboot the router from the interface (says it's rebooting, but does not reboot), and when I asked for a factory reset...it didn't actually reset the settings...but I can no longer access my Host Filter, Congestion Control, basically any part of the menu that's accessing anything on the router.  It's very strange.  I was not able to upload the update, obviously.  I received exit code 1 and that's when I selected the reboot...which is where my issue became evident.  I'm on 1.03.6g.

sirzepp

sirzepp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

I should add...too...that my network never went down and I'm currently connected to the router.  The wifi AP never reset to factory.

Shane

Shane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

This upgrade is to fix the recently discovered WiFi vulnerability - Krack. This upgrade is optional, there are no extra features or other bug fixes included. This is not DumaOS. If you have the R1 WiFi disabled then there is no need to upgrade to this version though it may be a good idea to do so if you plan on using the WiFi again in future.

If you are not on the latest version - 1.03.6g/h you will need to upgrade to that first before upgrading to this version. To check your version/upgrade to .g please go here.

Upgrade Instructions

• Download the upgrade here
  • Go to the Upgrade section on the Netduma interface
  • Choose Advanced
  • Ensure preserve settings & check version are ticked.
  • Click browse & navigate to where you downloaded the upgrade file and click open.
  • Click upgrade, it will take around 3 minutes. Please do not unplug the router during this time.
  • If you are wired to your computer or connected via Wifi (and won't automatically connect to another Wifi name) you will be taken to the home interface screen when the upgrade has been completed.
  • If the rare event that you get an error message please contact us and do not turn off the router. Do not worry, it just requires some help from our team.

Change Log

• Fixed WPA2 KRACK attack by accepting key reinstall without changing anything.

Thank you, much apprecitated

978369.png

Ziltoid Racer

Ziltoid Racer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationRound the corner up the street on the left..

flawless upgrade, thanks guys..

sirzepp

sirzepp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Did a physical unplug-reset then ran factory reset again.  Firmware upgraded without issue after that.  Thanks for the quick turn around on this!

campos3452

campos3452

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

The upgrade was weird...I followed the instructions(I'm on 1.03.6h). Then it said 'exitcode 999', I'm sweating balls because the whole time the loading icon is moving yet nothing is happening...bricked? No. After 15m a message pops up saying(in green) Your router has been updated to FMW 1.03.6h??? WTF?, but I'm on 1.03.6h last time I checked.

Duma is stuck at the upgrade page, so it seems, (but I just gotta refresh the browser) and then I follow the instructions again and i'm taken to the 1.03.6hi?! upgrade( I'm elated)

So I accept, it reboots(beep!) and all is well. 3m my ass lol It was longer than expected sheer terror! I still love you though DUMA!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

The upgrade was weird...I followed the instructions(I'm on 1.03.6h). Then it said 'exitcode 999', I'm sweating balls because the whole time the loading icon is moving yet nothing is happening...bricked? No. After 15m a message pops up saying(in green) Your router has been updated to FMW 1.03.6h??? WTF?, but I'm on 1.03.6h last time I checked.

Duma is stuck at the upgrade page, so it seems, (but I just gotta refresh the browser) and then I follow the instructions again and i'm taken to the 1.03.6hi?! upgrade( I'm elated)

So I accept, it reboots(beep!) and all is well. 3m my ass lol It was longer than expected sheer terror! I still love you though DUMA!

Oh wow that is stressful! Haven't heard of that happening before!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

HANDSOME KING

HANDSOME KING

Advanced Member

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 AM
  • LocationNY

Mine went smoothly, thanks...This must mean we're one step closer! LMAO

ZgDopDK.jpg

BaloMatias

BaloMatias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Done, no problem.

Thanks

mikehd

mikehd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 12:56 AM

I cleaned up a bunch of old devices off of the GUI, rebooted, ran the patch and viola! I'm running on 1.03.6i

Thanks for the attention to this issue. Hopefully the big companies are updating their firmwares as well.

Lopezjj

Lopezjj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 PM

i think i posted in the right place, but just in case... im currently on 1.02.6 version team... need help upgrading... my netduma isn't working thanks... i clicked remote access in settings...thank you once again

lethaz

lethaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 08:56 PM

Hi can I upgrade this firmware I am currently on 1.03.6h  cheers.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

If you are not on the latest version - 1.03.6g/h you will need to upgrade to that first before upgrading to this version. To check your version/upgrade to .g please go here.

i think i posted in the right place, but just in case... im currently on 1.02.6 version team... need help upgrading... my netduma isn't working thanks... i clicked remote access in settings...thank you once again

You're not on the latest, you need to go to the link.

Hi can I upgrade this firmware I am currently on 1.03.6h  cheers.

You're on the latest, you can just upgrade following the instructions.

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

gkontos10

gkontos10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Local time: 10:56 AM
Fraser, any idea when the new update will come out? I mean v2..
We will need new router hardware?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Fraser, any idea when the new update will come out? I mean v2..
We will need new router hardware?

No release date yet for DumaOS. No need for new hardware.

Time Converter

gazza

gazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

updated without any issues, cheers all at netduma

TEH BUTCHER

TEH BUTCHER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Update went off fine.

On a slightly related topic, if we have a botched update and we need to "contact us" how exactly should we do that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Krack, WPA2, Vulnerability, Upgrade, WiFi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users