Hyperoptic?

I've never heard of hyperoptic im guesing this is fibre to the premises?

Yeah. I've been stalking their website as they don't supply my town yet :(

Prices seem ridiculously good. 100 up and down is £29 a month on a 12 month contract; price goes up to £38 if you choose to renew. I'm paying £37 a month for 50/10 FTTC from BT for comparison lol. Gigabit up and down is £49 a month.

You can also get Giffgaff-style rolling contracts for flexibility, and broadband only deals (monthly bill is less than above, but as with other ISPs you pay a £40 connection fee). Looks good.

https://www.hyperoptic.com

There should be no difference in setup. Connect R1 to modem and away you go (unless you require PPPoE authentication)

So I’ve setup the Netduma like the this: Hyperoptic Router—>Netduma—>Devices. Yesterday I was having problems accessing the Netduma manager when connected wirelessly but it now seems to be working fine. Just one thing, what max speeds is the Netduma capable of cos whenever I run a speedtest downloads falls short of 800mbps and uploads are around 650mps

Yeah. I've been stalking their website as they don't supply my town yet :(

Prices seem ridiculously good. 100 up and down is £29 a month on a 12 month contract; price goes up to £38 if you choose to renew. I'm paying £37 a month for 50/10 FTTC from BT for comparison lol. Gigabit up and down is £49 a month.

You can also get Giffgaff-style rolling contracts for flexibility, and broadband only deals (monthly bill is less than above, but as with other ISPs you pay a £40 connection fee). Looks good.

https://www.hyperoptic.com

I was on BT Infinity at my old home but for some weird reason, they don’t offer Infinity here. For a block of flats that’s only 2 years old, I thought they’d have Infinity here. The next best thing available was Hyperoptic as they were offering 1gig down and up for £20p/m for the first year.

• Administrators

So I’ve setup the Netduma like the this: Hyperoptic Router—>Netduma—>Devices. Yesterday I was having problems accessing the Netduma manager when connected wirelessly but it now seems to be working fine. Just one thing, what max speeds is the Netduma capable of cos whenever I run a speedtest downloads falls short of 800mbps and uploads are around 650mps

It should be around 600-800mbps wired. Though if you have this high a speed you can connect devices to the hyperoptic router as you won't be able to make use of the R1's congestion control and just use the R1 for the Geo-filter.

I was on BT Infinity at my old home but for some weird reason, they don’t offer Infinity here. For a block of flats that’s only 2 years old, I thought they’d have Infinity here. The next best thing available was Hyperoptic as they were offering 1gig down and up for £20p/m for the first year.

£20?! What's your address? I'M MOVING IN NEXT DOOR LOL

I've only seen Hyperoptic orders plotted on a UK map in London and a few in Reading, although bigger cities up north may have access too.

I'd love to see how low and stable the latency to a London IP would be.

Have you tested the line with ping plotter I am curious to see how well the line performs from Hyperoptic during off peak and peak time.

If you get the time I would be grateful, thanks.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a ping plotter graph to see how steady it is or not

I've only seen Hyperoptic orders plotted on a UK map in London and a few in Reading, although bigger cities up north may have access too.

I'd love to see how low and stable the latency to a London IP would be.

How does one use Ping Plotter? Never used it before. Wouldnt mind doing it for the science.

How does one use Ping Plotter? Never used it before. Wouldnt mind doing it for the science.

It's just an app to install on your computer. When it's installed you just type a website or IP in the bar up the top and it'll ping it until you ask it to stop, so it's good for testing latency, jitter and packet loss. I'd avoid Google DNS (8.8.8.8) as it tends to show random packet loss even if your line is fine.

I'd personally recommend pinging the IW UK server as it's always consistent for me, and it offers similar latency to 8.8.8.8 anyway. I don't know if you actually play CoD or not, but if you do it has the benefit of letting you know how your connection to the UK server fares without you needing to be in a game...

Visit the site ping plotter and choose Twitter with a 2.5 second interval and leave it on a quiet line for about 10 mins,don't use the internet whilst you are letting it run

It's just an app to install on your computer. When it's installed you just type a website or IP in the bar up the top and it'll ping it until you ask it to stop, so it's good for testing latency, jitter and packet loss. I'd avoid Google DNS (8.8.8.8) as it tends to show random packet loss even if your line is fine.

I'd personally recommend pinging the IW UK server as it's always consistent for me, and it offers similar latency to 8.8.8.8 anyway. I don't know if you actually play CoD or not, but if you do it has the benefit of letting you know how your connection to the UK server fares without you needing to be in a game...

Heres the Twitter PingPlotter: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuQeT9Y5vMxepQ-LhUw1uyyV3pUw

Heres IW server PingPlotter: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuQeT9Y5vMxepRB_3PAYRqJ7amEb