My Netduma does not work. As in will not allow me to connect to the internet.

#inet2

I have plugged my modem to my netduma and the Duma doesn't work at all.

On my computer it says cannot get the IP configuration of the Duma. I think that's what it said. The computer says it's connect but it has no internet access.

What can I do. I'm really upset because I invested to get this thing now I have a white brick.

I already tried that it doesn't work.

Reboot the modem after connecting the Netduma

I tried that but nothing happens still.

If you mean to leave the Duma on the reboot my main modem?

I tried it again and it says the same thing "Ethernet" does not have a valid IP configuration. And the Duma doesn't broadcast a wifi signal also so I can't try through WiFi either.

• Administrators

Did you purchase the router from us directly? 

You may require PPPoE authentication, this is a username/password provided by your ISP. It would need to go in Settings > WAN. You should definitely have WiFi "Netduma R1". Can you access the interface via ethernet?

Did you purchase the router from us directly? 

You may require PPPoE authentication, this is a username/password provided by your ISP. It would need to go in Settings > WAN. You should definitely have WiFi "Netduma R1". Can you access the interface via ethernet?

I bought it from Amazon, and no I cannot access the interface at all. And the way I have been testing it is through the Ethernet. I cannot try wifi cause no signal comes from it at all. And I stuck and Ethernet in there and it's the same thing I cannot get online using it .

Could you tell us exactly what ports you are plugging what cables into please? I.E out of modem into which port on the R1.

What modem are you using? Is it a modem/router in one?

What lights are illuminating on the R1?

What are you typing into the web browser to access the R1?

If you could give us as much detailed information as possible I am sure that somebody will be able to turn your "brick" Into a working R1 router. It is usually a set up issue. (usually)

First things first, unplug the Netduma R1 from the modem for now and plug a PC or Mac into the R1 via ethernet cable.

By default, the IP address of the R1 is 192.168.88.1 (I think). When connecting to the R1 via ethernet, you may need to manually change the IP address of your computer within that subnet range, e.g 192.168.88.2. That'll then let you can access the R1 via a web browser at 192.168.88.1.

If attempting over wireless, you should see a 2.4Ghz network named WLAN (again, I think that's the default). Connect to it and you should be able to access the R1 interface, which has no password by default. If you need Wifi connection details, they should be provided in the Netduma box.

Once that's achieved, you can move onto further troubleshooting steps to get it working with your modem. The R1 is flexible with how it connects to your ISP, for example I needed to use the modem's MAC address on the R1's WAN page to connect to FTTN internet through it. Other providers may need PPPoE, VLAN or simply a bridged modem.