Host Filtering For PUBG

Yes you can choose a region, but a lot of people region jump so you can still end up playing against people on the opposite side of the planet - so in my mind plenty of reason for the geo-filter. Does a game having a region select make it impossible to implement the geo-filter?

• Administrators

Yes you can choose a region, but a lot of people region jump so you can still end up playing against people on the opposite side of the planet - so in my mind plenty of reason for the geo-filter. Does a game having a region select make it impossible to implement the geo-filter?

I don't really follow your logic, you can't affect others connections. You can/could only filter the host which is the region specific server. No it doesn't, just doesn't make any sense as the Geo-filter wouldn't be filtering as you've already selected. As far as I'm aware there is only 1 server per region so can't filter within the region either.

You can choose your region in PUBG so there's no need for the Geo-filter. If when it's out on console there isn't a region select that could work.

I get where you're coming from but as an example. In COD I always connect to a New Jersey server and I'm in Philadelphia. With PUGB I might connect to a server in California which is all the way on the west coast and I'm on the east coast. 

The netduma doesn't prevent other users from choosing what server they play on with you. It only prevents you from connecting to servers outside of a specific radius. Additionally if I wanted to play on west coast servers in COD I would just move my home location on the geofilter to the west coast even though I'm on the east coast. 

• Administrators

I get where you're coming from but as an example. In COD I always connect to a New Jersey server and I'm in Philadelphia. With PUGB I might connect to a server in California which is all the way on the west coast and I'm on the east coast. 

The netduma doesn't prevent other users from choosing what server they play on with you. It only prevents you from connecting to servers outside of a specific radius. Additionally if I wanted to play on west coast servers in COD I would just move my home location on the geofilter to the west coast even though I'm on the east coast. 

Are you saying you can select the East Coast region and you'll sometimes get put on a West Coast server? How do you know if that happens - by looking at the Geo-filter? If you ping it, is it low or high as you would expect. If it's low then its just incorrectly located on our map.

• 5 weeks later...

Are you saying you can select the East Coast region and you'll sometimes get put on a West Coast server? How do you know if that happens - by looking at the Geo-filter? If you ping it, is it low or high as you would expect. If it's low then its just incorrectly located on our map.

Hey Fraser sorry for the super late reply. Been really busy but if you look at the screenshot you will see you can only select North America. Which means Canada, USA and Mexico. There aren't any settings for region like East or West. Additionally It would be nice to have a "how to" on congestion control for PUBG.

wWmJjkw.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Awesome thank you!

Tested this the other day, every time I was put on the same server and I wasn't able to block to get a different server in the region but will keep trying. 

Same goes for Fortnite.  NA servers but there are 5 of them and I only want to be able to connect to 3 of them.

Will be one of the next game I try but didn't look hopeful when I tried a little while ago

Tested this the other day, every time I was put on the same server and I wasn't able to block to get a different server in the region but will keep trying. 

Will be one of the next game I try but didn't look hopeful when I tried a little while ago

Thank you for checking into this. 

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

On PC, you should be able to force the server region in PUBG if you boot up the game with the filter located over a certain region.

What are you seeing on Xbox? Does it just give you the same region every time? If so, which router do you own?