Jitter / frame issues

kizvandutch

Been enjoying the Netduma device for some time now but I get frame issues with Duma. Very jittery and slower frames with gaming. but if I put my ps4 hook up w’strsight to my dsl modem nat 1 is smoother than silk! Anyway to have this connection with the Duma behind my home router? It’s very hard to find the correct setting for my setup. I just want to game using the geo filter but it seems I Get frame issues with it enabled. I have my ports open but still get these issues.

maybe we will get the update before this yr over with we got 2 months left with no news yet but soon its been over a yr. we really need this update to refresh things and fix issues 

• Administrators

Are you wired? If so have you tried with a different cable? 

Alternatively if it is wired have you tried WiFi to see if it still occurs? 

Hard to advise based on stuttering but if you provide the screenshots I can see what could potentially be changed.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

• Administrators

Do you have another router to try with to see if it occurs on that also? 

Run a ping as you're gaming and look at it when you get a stutter and see if the ping goes up.

How do you mean? It will still have settings that you can customise and mess around with.

• 2 weeks later...

The Netduma r1 hasn't worked for me since i have gotten it about 2 years now. been using different setting but it says i have a low ping but my gameplay if is just garbage. is it because im over here in canada? i have the best internet package in my area with a base ping of 9ms. netduma games i get 12ms but lag so hard that my gameplay makes no sense at all. i get better gameplay with just using my home router that is a actiontec t3200m. 

Maybe if i get a new netduma and send this one back i might be a happy customer but i'm losing out here at the moment.

• Administrators

The Netduma r1 hasn't worked for me since i have gotten it about 2 years now. been using different setting but it says i have a low ping but my gameplay if is just garbage. is it because im over here in canada? i have the best internet package in my area with a base ping of 9ms. netduma games i get 12ms but lag so hard that my gameplay makes no sense at all. i get better gameplay with just using my home router that is a actiontec t3200m. 

Maybe if i get a new netduma and send this one back i might be a happy customer but i'm losing out here at the moment.

If you're getting a low ping with and without then there shouldn't be anything extra causing lag. Disable Geo-filter when you get into a game and see if that makes a difference

That may be lag compensation at play which punishes good connections and rewards the poor. Alternately, it could be bufferbloat.

Have you tried reducing your Up / Down speeds in Congestion Control and running www.dslreports.com/speedtest?

Also, run Pingplotter and watch what happens to your line with and without the Netduma.

yeah thats not working at all. still lag city terrible expereince for some time now. any other ways to correct this?

im going to contact my inter provider becuase it shouldnt be this challengin. my base ping is 80ms but the netduma and other speed test services say its 10-30ms. why is that?

i live in surrey,b.c and seattle servers in th usa im getting 10 ms connection but my gaming is not showing those numbers at all. it looks a lot worse in person.

My connection is perfect to my internet provider.....so why do i have so many issues?

Run Pingplotter from your computer with the Netduma connected and post the results (there's an option in the app to save an image).

Then do the same without the Netduma, again posting the results.

If there's a problem with the Netduma, it'll show in the data. As will a problem somewhere else along the chain.

• Administrators

yeah thats not working at all. still lag city terrible expereince for some time now. any other ways to correct this?

im going to contact my inter provider becuase it shouldnt be this challengin. my base ping is 80ms but the netduma and other speed test services say its 10-30ms. why is that?

i live in surrey,b.c and seattle servers in th usa im getting 10 ms connection but my gaming is not showing those numbers at all. it looks a lot worse in person.

My connection is perfect to my internet provider.....so why do i have so many issues?

Where are you seeing your base ping as 80ms? Where are you seeing it as 10-30ms? 

10ms is what you're getting to the game servers?

Can you show us a clip of a typical game for you please.

Would also suggest the above

ping plotter keeps on crashing on my imac so that cant happen.

dsl reports gives me about 10-12 ms. 

game servers on cod by seattle give me the same 10-16ms 

bf1 is about 26-36ms

should the poe be plug into my combp ruter though? or do i use one of the lan ports?

I'm on Mac and Pingplotter works fine. It's really the only objective tool we have to test line quality over an extended period of time, so it's worth persisting with it.

Swapping and reseating cables should be the first test, it sounds like you're on the right path there.