slow speeds while using my SB6141

filthschwein

help me please!!! i've been struggling with my internet speeds. i've done the initial setup, the slow speeds troubleshooting steps and i'm still getting slow speeds. i pay for 70 down, 10 up (both are mbps). when plugged directly into the modem, i pull 70-75 down and 7-8 up with 30ms ping. when doing the test where my laptop is hardwired to the netduma, i'm getting less than 1mbps down and up. i'm starting to think i have a faulty netduma.

thanks for looking

• Netduma Staff

help me please!!! i've been struggling with my internet speeds. i've done the initial setup, the slow speeds troubleshooting steps and i'm still getting slow speeds. i pay for 70 down, 10 up (both are mbps). when plugged directly into the modem, i pull 70-75 down and 7-8 up with 30ms ping. when doing the test where my laptop is hardwired to the netduma, i'm getting less than 1mbps down and up. i'm starting to think i have a faulty netduma.

thanks for looking

Hi, welcome to the forum! For your speeds, try these settings:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using work properly.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Hi, welcome to the forum! For your speeds, try these settings:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using work properly.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

thanks for the response. i followed all of your steps and nothing changed. i promise i'm not trying to be difficult.. lol. i even changed the modem to a netgear cable modem. same results.

edit: just to make sure i'm not an idiot but your picture in "device manager" just threw me off... i get 75 down and 10 up. the picture has the number 75 by the up arrow to the cloud image and the number 10 to the down arrow from the cloud image to the router image... do i have it backwards??

Edited by filthschwein

Ok, I got it working decently.. I thought i saw for speeds slower than 60mbps, to run preemptive. I did a full reset again, and did a speed test each step of the way. I'm pulling 30mbps now with it on reactive, reset distribution and share excess ticked. Still not my full speeds but it's workable for gaming. Why would I only be getting 30 instead of my full capabilities?

Also, I made 2 threads and I'd like to keep it here.. I'm using the cord that came with the Duma. I used this cord to run a speed test directly from my modem to the laptop. 3 different tests ranging from 67mbps to 72mbps.