Trouble with wireless

Hey guys, hope you're all having a great weekend  :)

So I've moved from Virgin Media to BT and I'm having some issues with my setup.  I've been able to set up the R1 to work with the BT Smart Hub, I understand there's no way to set the S/H to work in modem only mode, so I've simply disabled the wireless and ensured that my powerline adaptors are running through the R1.

Here's where things get odd though - none of my devices now seem to like connecting wirelessly to the R1  :huh: The R1 is broadcasting a wireless signal, but when I connect my laptop to it I see the error message in the attached screenshot.  Any suggestions on why this could be happening ?

For the time being I've got round this by connecting up my Apple Time Capsule to the R1 and using the wireless signal it broadcasts, is this an acceptable setup to get the best out of the R1 ?

Cheers guys

Dom

post-8378-0-09443100-1506855056_thumb.png

Have you tried changing channel or ticking / unticking wifi workaround? 

I think that as long as everything is connected to the R1 (including apple thing as a wifi access point) you should have no problem with any of the features of the R1.

Have you tried changing channel or ticking / unticking wifi workaround? 

I think that as long as everything is connected to the R1 (including apple thing as a wifi access point) you should have no problem with any of the features of the R1.

I had a faff with the different security protocols, and also with changing the channel.  Don't think I tried wifi workaround but might have to give that a go.

If you are still struggling ill give you all my settings that I have ticked/unticked etc as I am with Bt infinity as well. On an overnight shift tonight but let me know if you want to try them.

If you are still struggling ill give you all my settings that I have ticked/unticked etc as I am with Bt infinity as well. On an overnight shift tonight but let me know if you want to try them.

That'd be good if you could buddy, I'll PM you my email address if you want to screenshot them.

• 1 month later...

OK so having tinkered with some of my settings and "forgotten" and then reconnected to the R1 from my devices I seem to have been able to get the wifi working again.  Not sure what I did precisely but I'm up and running again so let's leave it at that !