ATT Uverse - DMZ?

Ok so i'm connected via wifi on xbox and my pc and can pull up everything...when i go to device list it shows nothing. I was following a guide for att third party routers and it said to connect it to the lan port not the wan is that right?

Edit it works on LAN to LAN i can connect but i can't see or choose any devices. WAN to LAN i can access the netduma interface but no connection.

Ok so i'm connected via wifi on xbox and my pc and can pull up everything...when i go to device list it shows nothing. I was following a guide for att third party routers and it said to connect it to the lan port not the wan is that right?

Edit it works on LAN to LAN i can connect but i can't see or choose any devices. WAN to LAN i can access the netduma interface but no connection.

This is likely correct, LAN to LAN the WAN port will be worthless on the R1 for you with the ATT Uverse until they open up the router to 3rd party UIs then we can make the WAN port a LAN port.

:)

This is likely correct, LAN to LAN the WAN port will be worthless on the R1 for you with the ATT Uverse until they open up the router to 3rd party UIs then we can make the WAN port a LAN port.

:)

as for the no devices showing up? the geofilter and all that do work on wireless right......

as for the no devices showing up? 

good question...that i apparently read and forgot.

You have them attached to the wireless of the netduma?

if so, the netduma has a unique SSID? something like MY_NETDUMA? not whatever the att wifi is

If you attach something via ethernet does it show up on the device list.

good question...that i apparently read and forgot.

You have them attached to the wireless of the netduma?

if so, the netduma has a unique SSID? something like MY_NETDUMA? not whatever the att wifi is

If you attach something via ethernet does it show up on the device list.

Ethernet yeah i was able to mess around with that globe but with wireless i can connect with wifi but i can choose anything and no devices are showing up

Ethernet yeah i was able to mess around with that globe but with wireless i can connect with wifi but i can choose anything and no devices are showing up

when connected to wifi what is the device ip address?

like on you laptop what is the laptop IP address?

when connected to wifi what is the device ip address?

like on you laptop what is the laptop IP address?

192.168.1.82 is the ipv4 address on the laptop

edit:i changed the 88 to 1 already on the netduma. thats how i was able to pull up the page but no devices show up

192.168.1.82 is the ipv4 address on the laptop

edit:i changed the 88 to 1 already on the netduma. thats how i was able to pull up the page but no devices show up

if you connect to the wifi on the AT&T what is the laptop IP?  because they both can't be 192.168.1.x 

so if it is 192.168.1.somenumber

you need to go back to DHCP on the netduma and change it to some other number like 192.168.88.1

Yep they are the same...am i suppose to leave the address alone on the att settings? It shows my real ip and it had an option to change it to a private fixed 192.168.1

on the netduma make it something else (the 3rd octet)...

192.168.88.1 - like that

ipv4? 192.168.1.82

Edit: thanks for the help i'm pooped. I'll try again tomorrow thanks for the help man

Np tomorrow we'll hop on chat and get this solved if I'm not around one of the netduma crew is more than capable as well and will be there

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks to the legend abc as always

Ok I've skimmed over this thread so here are my thoughts, and I will also be here to help :)

1. Not being able to change the lease is a bug in 1.02.2, if you upgrade to the latest(1.02.6) I believe its fixed
  2. I suspect both routers are on 192.168.1.x LAN, this is a very bad thing. Please put the R1 back in 192.168.88.1

Let me know how you get on please :)

Yeah that worked except I couldn't get into the router settings...so I change my laptop ip to be on the same subnet as the netduma. Was able to get into the router settings..but no connection. So I switched the Ethernet into the wan port....and success. I was able to mess with the geofilter and it now picks up my devices. Halo was giving me a can't connect...I guess because the geo was on but I had to leave so I'll test it after work.

Edit: the support here is crazy good. I was about to throw something lol. Thanks guys

Everything works. Question i effed up my allow and deny slider i slide the red to 100 and now i can't pull it back

That is a good one

in chrome > on the page > right click > then inspect element

find:

<polygon points="-5,0 0,-10 5,0" transform="translate(258.23999999999984,280)" class="slider0"></polygon>

just look for

class="slider0"
then change the first number in translate to something like 200... now the triangle will be moved at the bottom, click that and drag a little

If you want I can do this over teamviewer for you.

That is a good one

in chrome > on the page > right click > then inspect element

find:

<polygon points="-5,0 0,-10 5,0" transform="translate(258.23999999999984,280)" class="slider0"></polygon>

just look for

class="slider0"
then change the first number in translate to something like 200... now the triangle will be moved at the bottom, click that and drag a little

If you want I can do this over teamviewer for you.

Got it! Thanks man you two were a big help

Thanks abc!

You're the second person to do that!!! How are you guys doing that lol 

Sometimes it sticks, this is because of a bug with browsers in general.  The browser registers a click and then the slider is moving, you can then alt+tab or command+tab and you can drag to the extreme because the browser doesn't fire more events...

Sometimes I bind to on mouseup...

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <title>mouseup demo</title>
        <script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <p>Press mouse and release here.</p>
        <script>
            $("p").mouseup(function() {
               $( this ).append( "<span style='color:#f00;'>Mouse up.</span>" );
            }).mousedown(function() {
               $( this ).append( "<span style='color:#00f;'>Mouse down.</span>" );
            });
        </script>
    </body>
</html>

Archived