ATT Uverse - DMZ?

I have ATT Uverse that uses a single box that's a router+modem.  It really doesn't have one setting that turns modem mode on and router mode off.  It also doesn't have a "DMZ" setting.  It does have a "Default Server" setting that sounds exactly like DMZ...

• Off: The default server and IP Passthrough features are both disabled.
  • Default Server: Allows the device to forward all externally initiated IP traffic (TCP and UDP protocols only) to a default host on the LAN. You might need this if you cannot anticipate what port number or packet protocol an in-bound application might use. For example, some network games select arbitrary port numbers when a connection is opened. Or you might want all unsolicited traffic to go to a specific LAN host.
  • Passthrough: Allows the device's public IP address to be assigned to a single LAN client.

So I enabled Default Server and set the IP to the IP of the R1's POE-port IP address, which is on the same subnet as the Uverse router.  Is this correct, or should I use the 88.1 IP?  Or… should I set the Default Server to the Xbox (which is what I would do without the R1)?

TIA!

Does it work? I also have Att crapverse high ping interleaved joke of an isp (until they release gigapower here) which got halted because of the net neutrality stuff going on. Damn i hate att lol anyways I wanted to make sure this is going to work before dropping that amount of cash on It.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Herpa,

Thanks for considering purchasing. I don't know about the specifics of Attverse , but the router(v1.02.3 & after) should work with any ISP. Because its an Ethernet to Ethernet router. It sits behind your existing modem or modem/router combo.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so i've got the wireless working and i can browse the web but where do i go to pull up the netduma interface? I typed 192.168.88.1

once connected to the wireless:

On Windows:

open command line > Windows Key + R > type "cmd"

run ipconfig > in command > type "ipconfig"

find the network interface that has an IP address, the gateway is the router IP.  Grab that and type it into the browser http://gateway_found

On Mac:

open terminal > Command + Space > type "terminal" > hit enter to launch it

run ifconfig > in terminal > type "ifconfig"

find the network interface that has an IP address, the gateway is the router IP.  Grab that and type it into the browser http://gateway_found

once connected to the wireless:

On Windows:

open command line > Windows Key + R > type "cmd"

run ipconfig > in command > type "ipconfig"

On Mac:

open terminal > Command + Space > type "terminal" > hit enter to launch it

run ifconfig > in terminal > type "ifconfig"

Yeah that pulls up the att one. 192.168.1.254 but i'm connecting to the netduma with the att wifi disabled

Hmm on att it shows the device as inactive....

unknown4C5E0CB16AEE icon_small_ethernet.gifPort 3 mac address with an ip like 70.203.432.123

yeah that's not a valid IP, that might be your external IP...go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/to check that.

other than that unplug the R1 and plug it back in? it should get an IP address like 192.168.1.X

On the back of the R1 look for the RES section, use a pen or paper clip to reset the router, hold it for 10 seconds and then let go to factory reset the router.

Yeah I can't even get into the netduma settings after resetting with just the router alone not connected to anything

Guest Netduma_Iain

you need to give yourself a static IP on Windows now mate. Something like 192.168.88.77, then you should be able to connect to the R1.

Please then go to settings > DHCP on the duma an reenable DHCP. Please don't disable it in future :P

Back to DMZ on the att-uverse, please select the device unknown4C5E0CB16AEE and you're good to go. 

you need to give yourself a static IP on Windows now mate. Something like 192.168.88.77, then you should be able to connect to the R1.

Please then go to settings > DHCP on the duma an reenable DHCP. Please don't disable it in future :P

Back to DMZ on the att-uverse, please select the device unknown4C5E0CB16AEE and you're good to go. 

that worked but now i'm getting a invalid lease time error

Archived