Netduma worth it ?

Hey,

So i play die hard cod and you know connection is key sometimes and my question is

Is netduma worth it if i get on black ops 3 ps4 17/50ping with an 200/20mbit connection with cat6 cable 

also im getting sometimes ddosed because of salty kids ingame

my speeds on speedtest are alway 12ping on the low 8 with 200/20 connection like i said

Yeah its worth it but  you need spend some time setting it up for your connection to get the perfect connection. Please don't buy it if you are excepting it to work straight away.

yeah it is worth it.......everybody has different connections so as stated above it takes time and a lot of effort to get the exact right balance for you. If you are impatient or a hot head then do not bother, but if you are prepared to spend some time getting your congestion control right for you then it is well worth the time. I am an early adopter and have had the netduma for just under 2 years and I am glad i got it.   

It's worth it. Just not $200 worth it. 

For me before the Netduma, I would get around 5/10 good games (fair/low lag/untouchable games).

With the Netduma I tend to get about 6 or 7 good games (fair/low lag/untouchable games) out of 10 . 

It does help, but you are still at the mercy of the connection quality of the players in the lobby. You can only do so much with the Netduma. You may encounter fewer WTF moments, but there will still be plenty. Ensuring your line quality is good is probably the most important.

I'm sure you will see a difference, just don't expect a massive improvement in gameplay. Yes the Geo-Filter, bandwidth sliders, and hyper traffic etc are nice features, but you can still connect to crappy connections within your geo-filter range, hence ruining the gaming experience. Sliders can help with bufferbloat, but unless your saturating your connection you shouldn't worry about that. Hyper Traffic is one of the few true QoS features out there and would help if there are a lot of users on your home network. 

TBH, it is not worth $200 right now, the hardware is old and can be had for $72 with out the Netduma software which is what you are paying a premium for.  The Duma firmware is very temperamental. 

I would say it is worth it if one of two things happen:

1.  The new Duma OS comes out and fixes a lot of the bugs and makes the interface more stream line. (been waiting over a year for this)

2.  Netduma releases a an updated router with their software on it.

However even if the Duma OS is revolutionary, if you have a gigabit connection, you may have speed issues. No matter how great the software is it will be limited by the hardware.

I would say the Netduma is probably worth about $150 if you are in the market for a new router.

With that being said, I know of people who have Asus, Netgear routers etc who just rekt in COD so once again it will always depend how good your ISP and line quality is.

With the Netduma I tend to get about 6 or 7 good games (fair/low lag/untouchable games) out of 10 .

Teach me your magic. I get maybe 1 smooth game in every 100-200 on a flatline 7ms to my local server and in every other game, I'm behind the action using a monitor in Instant Mode snapping to people on 20 sens, getting audibly delayed hitmarkers and anti-aim assist force fields vs 0.4KD no quickdraw 2 sens windmill accuracy AR hipfiring creatures. I can nuke a 3KD in two minutes flat, he'll leave and then the idiot who replaces him - who normally struggles to earn a kill for every two deaths - will streak on me with hexagon wizardry

Teach me your magic. I get maybe 1 smooth game in every 100-200 on a flatline 7ms to my local server and in every other game, I'm behind the action using a monitor in Instant Mode snapping to people on 20 sens, getting audibly delayed hitmarkers and anti-aim assist force fields vs 0.4KD no quickdraw 2 sens windmill accuracy AR hipfiring creatures. I can nuke a 3KD in two minutes flat, he'll leave and then the idiot who replaces him - who normally struggles to earn a kill for every two deaths - will streak on me with hexagon wizardry

Its weird how I'm on the same ISP as you yet our experiences have been night and day. 95% of the time, IW plays pretty good for me, looking forward to getting the Draytek hooked back up... shoot first die first was once every few games instead of once every few kills.

Haha no magic. I mainly play BO2, but lately MWR. I am beginning to think my neighborhood congestion wreaks havoc on my line. If I game during the peak times I run into those issues you listed. Early Sunday AM has been golden for me. I'm only averaging about a 1.5KDR in MWR.

I hate that you can't see the skill level of your opponents nor connection bars in MWR. Makes it hard to tell if you're just getting beat or lagging behind. Playing during peak times definitely leaves me more frustrated with the gameplay. My line quality isn't super awesome, but it's not bad either. It's pretty middle of the road.

It sounds to me like you're getting the bad side of lag comp. There are too many people out there throttling their connections or playing over their 3G hotspot screwing it up for the rest of us. Or they just have a crap connection and pull lag comp. Not much the Netduma can do to counter that.

Game Quality is in the eye of the beholder. For me, a good game in MWR is a 1.5KDR or better with minimal WTF moments. For someone else it may be lower or higher. 

Haha no magic. I mainly play BO2, but lately MWR. I am beginning to think my neighborhood congestion wreaks havoc on my line. If I game during the peak times I run into those issues you listed. Early Sunday AM has been golden for me. I'm only averaging about a 1.5KDR in MWR.

I hate that you can't see the skill level of your opponents nor connection bars in MWR. Makes it hard to tell if you're just getting beat or lagging behind. Playing during peak times definitely leaves me more frustrated with the gameplay. My line quality isn't super awesome, but it's not bad either. It's pretty middle of the road.

It sounds to me like you're getting the bad side of lag comp. There are too many people out there throttling their connections or playing over their 3G hotspot screwing it up for the rest of us. Or they just have a crap connection and pull lag comp. Not much the Netduma can do to counter that.

Game Quality is in the eye of the beholder. For me, a good game in MWR is a 1.5KDR or better with minimal WTF moments. For someone else it may be lower or higher. 

How is your game connection on the latest COD titles?

• Administrators

I think you may have tweeted us. 

We can't improve the base ping that you have. We can help with local congestion and the distance to the game host. By minimising those as much as possible you'll have a low ping when gaming and much reduced lag.

Can use the VPN feature to apply a VPN to your console to help with DDoS but this can add latency.