Getting a replacement Duma

Hey guys,

So to update on what has happened from the last two topics I've made. We have more problems. Optimum came out, they said they fixed the problem, still wasn't working. We called them again, they found out the whole street was a problem. They claimed to fix that. Now, the speeds are a lot better than what they were, but it seems like the biggest problem I'm getting is ping. It's completely inconsistent to where the ping is shooting at all different levels. I have replaced the modem, optimum apparently fixed the problem with the other stuff, but it seems that the only answer here is that maybe my duma is just a bit old, I mean, I did get the thing when it came out in the first 2-3 weeks of release. Maybe it just needs to get replaced with a new one.

I don't know what the policies are on that, but is that a possibility of maybe getting the older Duma I have replaced with a new one? Mine is the early adopter Duma (2-3 weeks of release of the Duma was when I got mine). I can't figure anything else out. They are coming out again today within the next hour or so, so if I need to give more info, I most certainly will. 

first of all, what is your ping like without the netduma? doing a wired speedtest from a pc or by using pingplotter?  I am also an early adopter and mine is still running fine after 2 years!

Surprisingly, I couldn't get an exact answer since I couldn't get the other router to work down here. Optimum came in and said it was the modem, which they were correct because it was causing them a problem, and everyone in the household a problem besides the game. They put a new one in, connection as in speeds are great, ping is still s***. I get into a game, the game is literally lagging. Now, I don't mean lag comp like in the past, like, actual lag. Character can't move properly, nothing. I checked DSL again, it was the same s*** as before except now there is lag comp and lag. Man, I can't take this anymore with these problems. 

In my opinion, nothing is going to change this. The only thing I haven't done is get my duma replaced and see if maybe there's just something wrong with it. It happens. But I can't keep having optimum coming here and changing things and all this other crazy crap. I'm getting myself way too pissed and stressed. Im testing stuff, nothing is working. They fixed my line, and they fixed the entire streets line. I've had my modem replaced 3 times with the same crap going on. No matter what I do, nothing works correctly. In my honest opinion, let's just get this duma replaced with a new one and see what happens. I shouldn't have to pay for a new one though since I've narrowed everything down and the only thing that's left to test is trying a new duma

In my opinion, nothing is going to change this. The only thing I haven't done is get my duma replaced and see if maybe there's just something wrong with it. It happens. But I can't keep having optimum coming here and changing things and all this other crazy crap. I'm getting myself way too pissed and stressed. Im testing stuff, nothing is working. They fixed my line, and they fixed the entire streets line. I've had my modem replaced 3 times with the same crap going on. No matter what I do, nothing works correctly. In my honest opinion, let's just get this duma replaced with a new one and see what happens. I shouldn't have to pay for a new one though since I've narrowed everything down and the only thing that's left to test is trying a new duma

Check your Ethernet cables.  Did you do a ping test?  Are you having dropped packets?  Did you play games without the R1 connected?  I doubt the R1 is the culprit in regards to your ping.  Need to do a ping test!

Check your Ethernet cables.  Did you do a ping test?  Are you having dropped packets?  Did you play games without the R1 connected?  I doubt the R1 is the culprit in regards to your ping.  Need to do a ping test!

Did all of this already, my man lol. Duma did the worst of them all.

Look, this has been going on for two years. I'm not here saying it's the duma because I hate it or anything like that. I'm saying that because I've done every possible thing everyone asked me to do. Change cables, ping test multiple times, dropped packets thing, playing games without duma, getting new gear, getting new modem, getting optimum to fix line, fixed the street line, ping plotter multiple times, the modem got changed 3 times with all same results, you name it, it was done. The last thing on this list that it could be is the Duma. That doesn't mean the duma is a bad router or anything like that, it just might need to be replaced with a new one. S*** happens, things can go wrong. That's all I'm asking since we have done everything. you can ask Fraser. He's been putting up with my bs for 3 years LOL... He knows almost everything that has gone on for me. In my honest opinion, once again, maybe getting a newer duma to replace this one might fix it.

• Netduma Staff

Look, this has been going on for two years. I'm not here saying it's the duma because I hate it or anything like that. I'm saying that because I've done every possible thing everyone asked me to do. Change cables, ping test multiple times, dropped packets thing, playing games without duma, getting new gear, getting new modem, getting optimum to fix line, fixed the street line, ping plotter multiple times, the modem got changed 3 times with all same results, you name it, it was done. The last thing on this list that it could be is the Duma. That doesn't mean the duma is a bad router or anything like that, it just might need to be replaced with a new one. S*** happens, things can go wrong. That's all I'm asking since we have done everything. you can ask Fraser. He's been putting up with my bs for 3 years LOL... He knows almost everything that has gone on for me. In my honest opinion, once again, maybe getting a newer duma to replace this one might fix it.

You can view our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/. I can't ask Fraser right now since he's extremely busy, though it would be good to see pingplotter results with the Netduma in your setup and without, as well as in-game ping results. The more detailed the results the better. If you can try to prove that the Netduma is the culprit and post the evidence here we can advise you further.

Monzo,I would definitely run PP at peak times on your network with and without the Duma in your set up if that's the only variable you have left.And see exactly what is going on with your connection and possibly even flood your connection while doing it.Maybe run a speediest and stream a youtube vid while PP is running.

And then I would run it again on a quiet network at odd hours to see if it makes a difference in your connection quality again via PP.

I know you've been having issues for quite awhile and hopefully you can get them straightened out but you still could have some issues with your ISP.Just because they say things are fixed doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

You can view our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/. I can't ask Fraser right now since he's extremely busy, though it would be good to see pingplotter results with the Netduma in your setup and without, as well as in-game ping results. The more detailed the results the better. If you can try to prove that the Netduma is the culprit and post the evidence here we can advise you further.

Hi Jack, I bet Fraser is busy, especially with the new update hopefully coming out soon, I understand. I might've said this before, but in the past two years, I've shown a lot of proof that regards to it possibly being the Duma. Like I said before, Fraser knows about everything going on. ColonicBoom and a couple others were in on this too. Sadly, I can't provide the info right now with everything going on, but like I said, ColonicBoom and a couple others are good sources.

Monzo,I would definitely run PP at peak times on your network with and without the Duma in your set up if that's the only variable you have left.And see exactly what is going on with your connection and possibly even flood your connection while doing it.Maybe run a speediest and stream a youtube vid while PP is running.

And then I would run it again on a quiet network at odd hours to see if it makes a difference in your connection quality again via PP.

I know you've been having issues for quite awhile and hopefully you can get them straightened out but you still could have some issues with your ISP.Just because they say things are fixed doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Haven't heard from you in a while! This has already been done before. I don't remember if it was done a while back, I think it was, but I think it was the same results as I got not that long ago. The duma lost. When I talked to Colonic and a couple others, we were already as I remember kinda at the end of how much we could possibly test to see what the actual problem was. The only possible solution I could come up with is that it's the Duma, after narrowing things down and testing everything out, sadly without saving results... I love my duma, don't get me wrong. I just need to know if maybe switching it out might change the issue a bit.

Also, if you read my other topics in posts, ISP already came out twice. They at first were to blame. Pole by house didn't work on anyone's end, mine or theirs. Still wasn't working, they checked stuff, whole street was out and they fixed it. They had to come back out by me, they tested everything including pole, poles were good. They checked me, disaster starting with the TP Lin k modem surprisingly. The guy and I were cursing with the amount of problems we ran into. Got the modem replaced, problems still. He asked how much have I tested, and I told the guy that I've literally tested everything including the peak times with both routers and the Duma lost, which surprised me. Again, I love my Duma, but I think the only way of fixing this is trying out a new one and seeing if that fixes anything.