Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Netduma Destiny 2 optimal settings

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Chive972

Chive972

Optimization Compulsive Disorder Anonymous Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 2,015 posts
  • Local time: 02:30 AM
  • LocationFrance

Oh I read it, yes the game has been out almost 6 weeks and the staff(not sure if there are paid employees or just volunteers, if it's the latter then it's understandable)haven't been able to include many of the servers resulting in people being kicked many times, and that's Bungie's fault as you say for making a game poorly, and nothing to do with the adequacy or efficiency of Netduma, correct?

The configuration of my main router is fine, I just set it up to test the Netduma yet again with my Archer D7 in bridge, it's essentially doing nothing so there's no use sending screenshots. I've also previously set it up via bridge or alternatively via the dmz method outlined in your guide on the D7, on an Asus dsl-ac68u and on an old Billion 7800nxl.

All of them have been set up correctly with the right configuration needed to work with the Duma, all of them have also been setup correctly when not using the Duma and have zero issues with Destiny 2.

Logged in then and got kicked error code beaver by a padlock in Ireland of all places, ID: cf364712d36e4348

Do you know how i found those servers for them to make updates ?
Playing the game and search by myself because i know they're focused on the DumaOS.

I understand your frustruation but we can't just come here and complain because if it's the only interaction we have here, we can simply close the forum.
If i ask you for your configuration, it's to help you and not to find a way to prove that you're an idiot or something.

“Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.” - Abraham LINCOLN

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....-gYUSg2hakzgb1g

Destiny Clan: http://destinytracke...98071/globality

Destiny Tracker: http://destinytracke...iew/ps/Chive972

Facebook Clan: https://www.facebook...lobalityOsiris/

thewilloxdiaz

thewilloxdiaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Local time: 07:30 PM

Do you know how i found those servers for them to make updates ?
Playing the game and search by myself because i know they're focused on the DumaOS.

I understand your frustruation but we can't just come here and complain because if it's the only interaction we have here, we can simply close the forum.
If i ask you for your configuration, it's to help you and not to find a way to prove that you're an idiot or something.

Attached Files

antithesis

antithesis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local time: 10:30 AM
  • LocationBris Vegas

Are there regional differences with the Destiny 2 server settings?

I'm in Australia and we have only one local server cluster for D2. I've left my Duma as plain vanilla as it gets with Auto-cloud on, UPnP and the Geo-filter set to my liking (strict mode off, 500km mid-way between Sydney and Brisbane). The only Destiny-specific tweak I made a year or two back was whitelisting one padlock from the UK, which I assume was an authentication server for Destiny. I've done nothing for D2.

I haven't been booted from a single Iron Banner game since it started last week. I did have one beaver error, but that was while idling in the Tower. But in the Crucible, it's been crispy hitboxes day-in, day-out and I very definitely control who can connect to the lobby (no Kiwis, no Perthicans, no Melbournites, no rando Asian connections).

Don't overthink it.

c5860zx.jpg

thewilloxdiaz

thewilloxdiaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Do you use bridge mode or dmz on your main router ?

Well i guess my main Router is the Duma since is plugged straight to my Docsis 3.0 Arris Cable modem. Im not using any kind of DMZ or Bridge mode or any other router.

MaltedMilkhouse

MaltedMilkhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 11:30 AM

I didn't treat as such, but thanks for mentioning that  :rolleyes:

ttu_red

ttu_red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

5536c893d3f4cbd0

8334642fd1225358

8d34a974d12c5459 

6234dda8d1015459

02348f5ad1a15358

more padlocks 

MaltedMilkhouse

MaltedMilkhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 11:30 AM

Japan I think ID: 93368c57d332575c

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,917 posts
  • Local time: 01:30 AM

Thanks for the ID's, will try to get an update out today if I manage to go through the ID's in time or tomorrow.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

michael1983

michael1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Like Chive said this time it isn't the Duma fault at all( maybe how the implement the host filtering feature in the current state/ host radius and ping assist and to match server should be reworked ).

In my opinion you had a blast with Duma 10 year's ago. When P2P was the hole thing.

Duma can't stop joining high pingers or bad connection on dedis or hybrids. Hybrids are the worst possible way to connect players.

Way to go- Dedis with high refresh rates/ more location on the globus/ good lag comp/ high ping kickers.

Blame the developer and publisher too and ask for better netcoding and more money for better server environment.

And wait for DumaOs, like Ian said"be patient".

NorthernFreezer

NorthernFreezer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 06:30 PM

Any news on the Cloud update? Has it been put out yet? I will test again tonight and see if my locks are still there and if I get booted from games. 

ttu_red

ttu_red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

ID: 02348f5ad1a15358    Distance: 1512mi

ID: d9361ae5d378cbd0  

D: 8d34a974d12c5459

ID: 02348f5ad1a15358 

I'm still having issues more padlocks 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,917 posts

Any news on the Cloud update? Has it been put out yet? I will test again tonight and see if my locks are still there and if I get booted from games. 

You can use 41 for whitelist, I'm working on dedicated one to make it more efficient. Unsure if 41 will be as effective without the the dedicated one I'm working on but should be better so use 41, 37, 28.

ID: 02348f5ad1a15358    Distance: 1512mi

ID: d9361ae5d378cbd0  

D: 8d34a974d12c5459

ID: 02348f5ad1a15358 

I'm still having issues more padlocks 

Thank you, use 41, 37, 28.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

ttu_red

ttu_red

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

ID: 4334723dd1e25358  

more padlocks 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,917 posts

You can use 41, 38, 28 now. Should hopefully be more efficient. 

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users