Having last second doubts about purchasing this.

Ive been trying to fix my lag for a couple of years now and Ive never had any luck. The last time I had some good hit detection on Advanced Warfare was when I took my ps4 with me to a hotel when I was on vacation once. The hotel internet late at night when nobody was on was much better than my 20 mb connection here at home for AW. Ive troubleshooted and Ive come to the conclusion that its not my other devices (Ive turned off wireless completely with my modem, leaving only my ps4  on the internet wired up, and there still was lag) Ive determined that since my nat is open that isnt the issue, that my modem is fine, and that my ping tests and download tests are normal (22 ms ping to local servers). Thus my internet is fine from a practical standpoint, yet Im still getting shot around corners, my bullets are not hitting fast and normally, and my hitmarkers are very auidible and noticeable (if you have good connection the sound of your gun shooting covers up the sound of the hitmarkers, but if you lag you can hear each bullet hit your intended target, and this is a sign of serious lag!) The only arguement is that Im connecting to hosts far away from me, but I dont think this to be the case.  Im wondering if anybody out there that understands my situation would advise me to buy this product. If anyone believes that this product can magically fix ALL lag issues even if they are seemingly impossible to fix.  Im worried that even this amazing product will not be sufficient to fix my lag issues. Are there people out there that understand my situation that think this product will help me? I really want to buy this but I dont want it to be useless to me. I want this lag fixed. I want to have fun again!! Thanks so much everyone happy gaming :)

Please Help me

Also will these guys accept returns?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Hi zombitroid, welcome to the forums :)

If you need help with lag, please can you post the information requested here, hopefully there will be a solution :)

You can read the returns policy here but hopefully we can fix your problem before you need to do that.

I have found with aw it to be hit and miss recently since nearly always getting dedicated servers for the last couple of months. Other games it works great,

On p2p games it is amazing.

Even on AW dedi the game plays better with than without, I'm in the UK and if I switch filter off I can get put into lobbies in Brazil Argentina Iraq etc.

I was cautious before I bought mine but am very glad I did or I am sure I would not still be playing AW

I play MW/MW2 Bops/Bops2 and it plays like a dream ,i get around 2.8 k/d on my weekly. The duma can not make you a better player but it gives me an even playing field.

I am a rusher too, all these games used to feel good,then out of sync the next game but now i can play for hours in sync.

This is the best router I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

AW has been dropped from my rotation for reasons that we all know , it is ****

Geo filter and congestion control have changed my network and gaming life, for me it is a part of gaming history.

To have not is to miss out.

Make the right decision, the future is Duma.

Yes but you see I dont suffer from congestion. My devices arent ever steaming, or hoging bandwidth. Even when I disable wireless (thus disconnecting every device in my house from the internet router) and allow only my ps4 on my network, (which is wired) IT STILL lags. It is absolutely unbelieveable. I dont know how I am still lagging when my ps4 is getting max bandwidth. I cant get a good gaming experience in bf4, bo2, aw, mw3, ghosts... Nothing... Multiplayer gaming is over for me... my network is just lagging behind everybody... I dont think my issue can be fixed with the geo filter either... Even though it will help, I believe that I already connect to people in my region (West US). Thanks for your reply. I hope I can fix this... And by the way no one has answered if they accept returns if it doesnt fix your issues?

Yes but you see I dont suffer from congestion. My devices arent ever steaming, or hoging bandwidth. Even when I disable wireless (thus disconnecting every device in my house from the internet router) and allow only my ps4 on my network, (which is wired) IT STILL lags. It is absolutely unbelieveable. I dont know how I am still lagging when my ps4 is getting max bandwidth. I cant get a good gaming experience in bf4, bo2, aw, mw3, ghosts... Nothing... Multiplayer gaming is over for me... my network is just lagging behind everybody... I dont think my issue can be fixed with the geo filter either... Even though it will help, I believe that I already connect to people in my region (West US). Thanks for your reply. I hope I can fix this... And by the way no one has answered if they accept returns if it doesnt fix your issues?

Theres no way you can tell where you are connecting to, thats the great thing about the Geo-Filter trust me playing on servers with in a 100 miles will make so much difference. I dont use Congestion Control either as like you i am the only one really using any bandwidth, but when i turn off my Geo-Filter i get put all over the world and games lag but with my Geo-Filter on i get great games. Watch some games on my YouTube  and see for yourself.

• Netduma Staff

Hi man, for help with lag you need to post the information in that link I provided - that way we will be able to see what the problem is. I also posted a link to the returns policy - all the information about returns is in there I think.

Please do what Zennon has asked and we will try to help.

But if it's every game with the problem, then the problem is your connection. It could be packet loss, jitter or ISP congestion but something is causing an issue which no router is likely to fix (unless your modem is borked!).

From what I read zombitroid you have not bought a Netduma you are just thinking about it at the moment.

Our link to check lag is aimed at Netduma users so I would download ping plotter and check if you have packet loss Ping Plotter link

• Administrators

I would suggest running Zennons tool and seeing if you have a problem with your connection. If not and you're playing a game that does not have ping selection then its almost certainly distance. Distance is often the dominant factor in latency. 

Archived