New ISP Router making NETDUMA as a Slave.

I think I'm going to need to do that too @Mechcondrid, my ISP has confirmed that I can't bridge using their modem. I'm waiting to see if they can supply account auth info so I can use a third-party modem. There's a list here snailhawk - http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/nbn_router_guide, those supporting bridged mode are indicated with a .

Yes, i went through that thanks dude. i find the below modem works fine saw this in the whirlpool forum 

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36670/netgear-dm200-high-speed-adsl2-vdsl-modem

Let me know if you find something else. 

Ta

Have you run Pingplotter on your line snailhawk? Mine looks like a sawtooth with spikes over 60ms every few seconds...truly god-awful. 

I'm strongly considering cancelling the NBN and sticking with cable for as long as possible.

Have you run Pingplotter on your line snailhawk? Mine looks like a sawtooth with spikes over 60ms every few seconds...truly god-awful. 

I'm strongly considering cancelling the NBN and sticking with cable for as long as possible.

it shows 18 ms -round trip

it shows 18 ms -round trip

Very nice! I just connected my slaptop direct to the router. Ping was 12ms, speed was 98 D / 36 U at peak time. That is quick for this time of day and on-par with my 100/40 package.

Let's...ahh...put down the previous rubbish results to...umm...user error.   :blink:

I'll still need a new modem though. Did you read on Whirlpool that the DM200 can be bridged?

Very nice! I just connected my slaptop direct to the router. Ping was 12ms, speed was 98 D / 36 U at peak time. That is quick for this time of day and on-par with my 100/40 package.

Let's...ahh...put down the previous rubbish results to...umm...user error.   :blink:

I'll still need a new modem though. Did you read on Whirlpool that the DM200 can be bridged?

Nice good speed, It looks like it .... taking their word

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_registered_modem_router

Looks like I'm shit outta luck. I'm on HFC, so although there are ways to bridge the router I've got, that's for VDSL (FTTN) not Ethernet WAN (HFC). That's the only difference I can spot between a working and non-working setup.

Might need to dig around Whirlpool to solve this puzzle. Given you're on FTTN, your issue should be resolved pretty quickly. Thanks for your help!

Looks like I'm shit outta luck. I'm on HFC, so although there are ways to bridge the router I've got, that's for VDSL (FTTN) not Ethernet WAN (HFC). That's the only difference I can spot between a working and non-working setup.

Might need to dig around Whirlpool to solve this puzzle. Given you're on FTTN, your issue should be resolved pretty quickly. Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear that m8

But, I finally RESOLVED my problem. I tries this time a different approach. i disabled the DHCP from ISP router, assigned a static ip for netduma  then connect as below 

Wall --> ISProuter(LAN)--> (LAN-POE port)Netduma ---> NETDUMA DHCP gives ip to all devices - ALL WORKING GOOD - Played FIFA with 19 ms lag and lost the game 5-0

Try the above and see if it works

Ahhh...so you added a static IP on the router for the Netduma as 88.1? What did you set the router to?

I was heading down that path myself but didn't think to add a static IP for the R1 to the router.

Go sports ball team! FIFA17? Fine game, pity I suck at it on anything but kiddy level.

Ahhh...so you added a static IP on the router for the Netduma as 88.1? What did you set the router to?

I was heading down that path myself but didn't think to add a static IP for the R1 to the router.

Go sports ball team! FIFA17? Fine game, pity I suck at it on anything but kiddy level.

In the ISP router - u should do below

ISProuter 10.x,x,1 (leave it as default) and R1 as 10.x.x.3(Set it as static)

then disable DHCP

Put 10.x.x.3 in to DMZ 

Then go to netduma

Connect both the router with LAN cable

Connect you pc to the R1

Now disable the PC lan and enable again, it will renew the IP address from the netduma DHCP pool.

Do a test it should work.   

Didn't work for me...bugger. Back to square one.

Ok can u follow the below link may be im not explaining you correct way. I followed from the below method. beware you will have Double NAT error message in duma even after putting it in DMZ, but thats fine in background it works fine uill get good pings for me even the speed bumped up a bit i used to get 80 mbps now i get 93 not bad for me.

https://portforward.com/help/doublerouterportforwarding.htm

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Aussie Broadband was in touch today and they think the R1 should be capable of connecting direct to the NBN modem if they're reading the specs correctly. They'll even refund the Netcomm modem if I can get it working....noice!

I got the R1 working by adding the NBN modem's MAC address to the WAN page.

Aussie Broadband tech support was great. Normally an ISP won't touch a third-party device with a bargepole, but they did some basic research on the R1 and were confident that one option or another would do the job. They've offered to refund the Netcomm router too, which was unexpected and appreciated.

For future reference for HFC NBN-connected Aussies, the R1 can connect straight to the NBN modem. Pig, meet poo.