Low speed while activating VPN

Ahmed_Selim

Dears. Appreciate ur advice regarding the below.

I connect my R1 with another modem router. When I just use my R1 normally I get my full speed. (16 MB ).

But when I start activating the VPN it's just give me only 5MB.

I try different VPN such as PureVPN, Express VPN. On many servers.

And I tested it with another service provider in another location and I get same results.

Thanks for your support.

using a vpn requires encryption and rerouting of traffic therefore it causes your speeds to drop and can also cause a ping increase, sorry but there is no solution for it as it is the nature of the beast when using a vpn!  That goes for any router that is used for vpn.

using a vpn requires encryption and rerouting of traffic therefore it causes your speeds to drop and can also cause a ping increase, sorry but there is no solution for it as it is the nature of the beast when using a vpn!  That goes for any router that is used for vpn.

I'm totally agree with you in case I had the same result when I'm use my VPN application on my PC.

But

As I mentioned when I use the VPN app on my PC I get my full speed normally. And when I start to use it through the R1 it's drop so bad and never give me more than 5MB !!!

So what can I do to buff my speed while using a VPN ?

If you're only getting 5 down then you have your config setup wrong. Post the config you're using on the router here so we can see it and which vpn provider you're using

• 3 months later...

Hey Ahmed! Have you ever tried HideMyAss VPN? I have been using it for a long time and believe me I never faced any issue regarding the connection speed. I would highly recommend you giving it a try after knowing the facts and fundamentals through this HideMyAss VPN Review. It will guide you in a better way to decide what it has to offer.

Hey Ryan.

In the fact I didn’t given it a try. But right now I have a bigger issue in my country ( Egypt ) they blocked most of VPN protocol including NetDuma only protocol it use ( open VPN ) and the only protocol can be used right now is SSL and NetDuma not supporting it. so I guess my NetDuma device becomes useless. And to be clear. I’m so much frustrated. I didn’t know that it can be used only 1 VPN protocol.