ATTN Zennon

N3CR0

In regards to what we were talking about in the shoutbox earlier...

This is the last 10 mins of Ping Plotter. Wired connection from Duma to laptop CC 50/50, no one online doing anything online. As you can see, pretty stable.

30kturp.jpg

Now heres the BQM from ThinkBroadband. This was with no one at all online (everyone been out all day and I've been outside messing with my car)

qqagjp.jpg

One of them is very wrong because the difference is night and day.

Usually, the BQM shows almost 0 yellow, even when downloading or watching Netflix is going on.

Yeah, thats what I don't get. Usually BQM shows the same as PP. I'm just guessing they monitor the line in a different way or something because it just don't make any sense being that much different from PP.

Yeah, thats what I don't get. Usually BQM shows the same as PP. I'm just guessing they monitor the line in a different way or something because it just don't make any sense being that much different from PP.

With an online test you are relying on the stability of their servers running the scripts to give accurate results. DSLreports smoke ping only gives good results on their own server, the 2 locations testing with Amazon's cloud servers have huge spikes that don't really exist.

When your BQM is running, its pinging your bt hub and you do have traffic at regular intervals coming in. This ping only goes as far as your BT hub, Maybe this can be detrimental as now your duma is not prioritizing this traffic, 

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it shows a pretty much perfect correlation between the two graphs.

Your PP graph is showing 10 mins with a stable average ping of 23ms. It shows two tiny little spikes hitting 26ms and one solitary spike hitting 28ms.

At that size, over 10 mins, I wouldn't even count those as spikes anyway.

This same 10 minute interval is covered by a very tiny portion of the BQM graph (literally the last few pixels) and, even though they're pinging different servers, they both show almost exactly the same numbers.

Obviously things look much worse between 3pm-4pm (chucking out time at school) but, even if that's your line rather than the server, it's not nearly as bad as you think.

Your average latency increases by about 2ms for about an hour and during that hour you hit a few larger spikes to go over 35/40ms.

But that's 4 hours before your PP graph shows anyway.

PP is great for real-time data which is why a lot of us use it.

BQM is only really good for seeing the general health of your line over extended periods and yours looks good.

(unless I'm reading it wrong).

mine!

5de35e87aa04f3086e92f3db719820655ba1e9e2

WUBTsbpl.png

if I remember rightly you just switched over from virgin to bt ( i maybe wrong) but if that is the case you may find it benificial to get a separate modem (hauwei hg612 if THE choice) and then connect your duma to that and enable pppoe on the netduma as EVERY username and password login for BT is the same............you can go 1 step further and get an unlocked hauwei hg612 from ebay (which I have) and have that handle the pppoe login for you and just connect the duma to it!........quite a few members on here also use this method!

side note: bt homehub are shite!

i can also confirm its a good idea to use one on an eci cab. and i use the same method as big dog, you can even get a locked hg612 (cheaper) and upgrade the firmware yourself for the unlocked version, very simple.

N3CRO does have a line issue at the moment so I would hang fire until they have fixed that and re test mate.

But a Hauwei modem is a good Idea if you are on a Hauwei cabinet.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm

I'm still using the Draytek mate. Its just not plugged in right now, gonna change over once I have the time.

BQM is only really good for seeing the general health of your line over extended periods and yours looks good.

(unless I'm reading it wrong).

If you think that looks good now, you should've seen it before. Almost no yellow shown at all.