Congestion Control by Device type/groups

Love this product, but i have an issue with the ammount of devices that i currently connect to my modem. I have around 15 to 20 devices in my family, plus all the people that come to visit and need internet (parents friends, etc.) so I end up with literaly around 50 devices, which makes congestion control almost unusable. I constantly have to go and delete any devices that i don't recognize, and in most cases i need to restart the router to clear the connection to be able to delete it first.

What i would like to have is a way to group/categorize devices so i can assign respective bandwith, for example:

all mobiles would get 10%

all streamers (netflix, roku, etc.) would get 30%

consoles would get 50%

And everything without category would get 10%

This would make it more manageable and easier to configure, almost a set and forget. Currently i constantly have to review the devices and adjust the percentages.

In addition, I would add a "known" device checkbox to identify my own devices, and an option to have any "unknown" devices to be cleared out every 24 hrs, or at least a way to delete without having to restart the router.

thank you

• Netduma Staff

Love this product, but i have an issue with the ammount of devices that i currently connect to my modem. I have around 15 to 20 devices in my family, plus all the people that come to visit and need internet (parents friends, etc.) so I end up with literaly around 50 devices, which makes congestion control almost unusable. I constantly have to go and delete any devices that i don't recognize, and in most cases i need to restart the router to clear the connection to be able to delete it first.

What i would like to have is a way to group/categorize devices so i can assign respective bandwith, for example:

all mobiles would get 10%

all streamers (netflix, roku, etc.) would get 30%

consoles would get 50%

And everything without category would get 10%

This would make it more manageable and easier to configure, almost a set and forget. Currently i constantly have to review the devices and adjust the percentages.

In addition, I would add a "known" device checkbox to identify my own devices, and an option to have any "unknown" devices to be cleared out every 24 hrs, or at least a way to delete without having to restart the router.

thank you

Hi, welcome to the forum! These ideas are great and I've taken note of them. DumaOS will have some more tools to help people with multiple devices, and we're constantly working on overcoming the issues caused by so many devices on the Device Prioritisation flower.

Hopefully we'll have some solutions either when DumaOS is launched or soon after. Thank you very much for the suggestions :)