Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Low speeds

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

D3mon1c

D3mon1c

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Local time: 10:18 AM

Ive noticed this happens every now & then on my end anyway I got 100 down and 10 up but I noticed with the R1 I can get up to 300 down instead so I typically run it with that but yeah every now & then for some reason I get incredibily low speeds where its just under 5 down & up is a joke most times... Why does this happen is it cause of something I messed with on the R1 or does this have nothing to do with me and is out of my hands entirely?

D3mon1c

D3mon1c

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

& at the moment im only getting download speeds up to 30

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,337 posts
  • Local time: 05:18 PM

& at the moment im only getting download speeds up to 30

Whenever you're running a speed test, make sure it's wired to a PC using speedtest.net (or an equally trustworthy source). 90% of the time, speed drops like these are caused by an unreliable result such as a console speed test.

If you're already wired to a PC, try turning off your Netduma and Modem, waiting a minute before powering on your modem, waiting again and powering on your Netduma.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

D3mon1c

D3mon1c

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Yeah but see thats the thing I was doing that all day yesterday had no clue in the slightest what was wrong cause I did keep unplugged for 30 secs and etc etc but it still was beyond low and cause of this I couldn't watch netflix & I didn't even bother to try to play games at all & cause of that I now have a technician coming in friday to see if something is wrong with my comcast modem & hopefully its just that but yeah its rare when I have any problems on the R1 entirely

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,337 posts

Yeah but see thats the thing I was doing that all day yesterday had no clue in the slightest what was wrong cause I did keep unplugged for 30 secs and etc etc but it still was beyond low and cause of this I couldn't watch netflix & I didn't even bother to try to play games at all & cause of that I now have a technician coming in friday to see if something is wrong with my comcast modem & hopefully its just that but yeah its rare when I have any problems on the R1 entirely

I'm glad someone's coming to take a look. For now, if you remove the Netduma from your setup, what speeds do you get wired to your Modem on a PC? You could find that the wire connecting your Netduma to your Modem is faulty as well, so try and rule that out. If you have a spare modem around the house also try a speed test on that.

If you gather the results of those things it'll be good to show your technician. Make sure you don't run those speed tests at peak times. If it turns out you get full speeds through your modem, run a speed test on the Netduma and find that the Netduma is getting slow speeds, try these settings:

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

D3mon1c

D3mon1c

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

You know weird thing is all this time I been playing without ipv6 enabled on R1 for xb1 but ever since I turned it on lan & miscellaneous its been holding download speeds like for example if I put like 90 down on my xb1 & im downloading on the laptop (share excess disabled btw on download) it holds 90 no matter what I do on my other devices but before when I didn't do ipv6 it would fluctuate all over the place even though I put individual down on seperate devices depending on what im doing 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,337 posts

When you're running the speed tests, have you got device prioritisation reset and share excess enabled?  I'd recommend opening command prompt and running an IPconfig to find out if you're on IPv6 or not. If you know you're supposed to be on IPv6 then keep it enabled in WAN, LAN and Misc.

Technical support:

D3mon1c

D3mon1c

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

You know ive been curions what does the wan side of thing do like im familiar with lan & I believe that effects what is plugged into the R1 right? So isnt it just enough to have lan & misc with ipv6 enabled or does wan have to be included too?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,337 posts

You know ive been curions what does the wan side of thing do like im familiar with lan & I believe that effects what is plugged into the R1 right? So isnt it just enough to have lan & misc with ipv6 enabled or does wan have to be included too?

WAN should always be included. I'm not sure myself about how much would be affected by having IPv6 disabled in WAN, but there's no reason to keep it disabled if you know you're on IPv6.

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users