Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IPv6 and Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

II Z IE IR O II

II Z IE IR O II

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local time: 02:53 PM
  • LocationReppin the *808* State \m/

Microsoft recommends it on Xbox One(if able to get IPv6).  Just a little bit of info for those that didn't know like myself.  They say it creates a better multiplayer experience.  Just recently have I went back to Xbox One.  

http://support.xbox....pv6-on-xbox-one

PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, and Soon to be Xbox One X "Project Scorpio"

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

If you're arguing with me, you're already wrong.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Local time: 08:53 PM

Microsoft recommends it on Xbox One(if able to get IPv6).  Just a little bit of info for those that didn't know like myself.  They say it creates a better multiplayer experience.  Just recently have I went back to Xbox One.  

They also made "Game Mode" on windows 10 which was suppose to boost your games performance... Instead it makes it worse, so I trust very little MS tells me is good for me lol

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me so I am notified.

II Z IE IR O II

II Z IE IR O II

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local time: 02:53 PM
  • LocationReppin the *808* State \m/

They also made "Game Mode" on windows 10 which was suppose to boost your games performance... Instead it makes it worse, so I trust very little MS tells me is good for me lol

dam.   I'm testing now to see if it makes any difference.  One thing for sure though, my NAT is open versus moderate when in IPv6 on the network settings page  

PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, and Soon to be Xbox One X "Project Scorpio"

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

If you're arguing with me, you're already wrong.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

dam.   I'm testing now to see if it makes any difference.  One thing for sure though, my NAT is open versus moderate when in IPv6 on the network settings page  

I've never had IPv6 enabled and I never had a nat issue before... But I only use a modem, not an all in one pos. IPv6 never made a difference to me either. In fact, before I had a Netduma it broke my Asus router. Which is why it was off.

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me so I am notified.

cranium2001

cranium2001

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationNew York
I have it enabled. To be honest it's a good gauge when I see it not active in my network settings. Thats when know I need to reboot my stuff. I've always port forwarded though too.

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,306 posts
  • Local time: 01:53 AM
  • LocationUK

If you do not have any NAT issue's with IPv4 then there would be no difference using IPv6.

kankyceez

kankyceez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUnited States

You must understand that entire career paths have been created (desktop support, technical support analysts) because Microsoft and their windows operating systems are sub par.  I wouldn't trust their word because I've seen what little testing goes into their patches and I spend most of my work day fixing their issues.  Do your own testing and come up with a solution that works for you then share your knowledge with the community.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users