Upload speed keeps capping at 2mb/s

My speeds are :

Edit : When I attempt to upload a video, then go to the network monitor in my netduma.. This is where I am seeing my speed capping around 2mb/s. If I run a speedtest on speedtest/speedtestxfinity it shows my speeds just fine.

Edit 2 : after restarting the modem/router from xfinity, my speeds are putting out what they should be. Will be buying a new modem because I have had nothing with problems with that piece of junk that I am renting from them.

100 mb/s down

25 mb/s up

So I have in my congestion control 

-Reactive

-Share excess

Download speed cap - 100%

Upload speed cap - 100%

I AM hardwired

My PC is NOT added in hyper traffic

The only things ticked ON in my miscellaneous settings are :

- Enable cookies

- Turbo mode

- I have tried ticking on super turbo mode, made 0 difference.

I am renting a modem from comcast, It's the xfinity all in one, router/modem (set in bridge mode).

Even while in congestion control giving my computer 100% of the upload usage still gives me 2.1 - 2.2mb/s. Resetting the distribution, making everything have an even amount of usage still results in 2.1 - 2.2mb/s. I feel like my settings just aren't saving even though they appear to be saved.

I purchased my netduma a few days ago and it is on version 1.03.6h. 

• Netduma Staff

My speeds are :

Edit : When I attempt to upload a video, then go to the network monitor in my netduma.. This is where I am seeing my speed capping around 2mb/s. If I run a speedtest on speedtest/speedtestxfinity it shows my speeds just fine.

Edit 2 : after restarting the modem/router from xfinity, my speeds are putting out what they should be. Will be buying a new modem because I have had nothing with problems with that piece of junk that I am renting from them.

100 mb/s down

25 mb/s up

So I have in my congestion control 

-Reactive

-Share excess

Download speed cap - 100%

Upload speed cap - 100%

I AM hardwired

My PC is NOT added in hyper traffic

The only things ticked ON in my miscellaneous settings are :

- Enable cookies

- Turbo mode

- I have tried ticking on super turbo mode, made 0 difference.

I am renting a modem from comcast, It's the xfinity all in one, router/modem (set in bridge mode).

Even while in congestion control giving my computer 100% of the upload usage still gives me 2.1 - 2.2mb/s. Resetting the distribution, making everything have an even amount of usage still results in 2.1 - 2.2mb/s. I feel like my settings just aren't saving even though they appear to be saved.

I purchased my netduma a few days ago and it is on version 1.03.6h. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! Your settings seem fine - Super Turbo Mode is only for 300+ speeds so that won't help. MoD BoX (above) has some pretty incredible experience when it comes to testing modems, so that link he provided is probably your best bet in buying a new one.

For the best speed test results, type '999' into the Set Bandwidth box on Congestion Control. Such a huge speed cap is very likely to be your equipment / modem rather than a settings issue though.

Please let us know how you get on, or if you would rather try to solve this without buying anything first.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Your settings seem fine - Super Turbo Mode is only for 300+ speeds so that won't help. MoD BoX (above) has some pretty incredible experience when it comes to testing modems, so that link he provided is probably your best bet in buying a new one.

For the best speed test results, type '999' into the Set Bandwidth box on Congestion Control. Such a huge speed cap is very likely to be your equipment / modem rather than a settings issue though.

Please let us know how you get on, or if you would rather try to solve this without buying anything first.

I have a quick update.

My setup before netduma was using the 2 in 1 modem/router from comcast.

My setup after netduma is with the netduma as the router, with comcast 2in1 as the modem.

Before netduma, I had never had problems with my upload speed slowing down or being capped.

After netduma, My upload speed keeps capping at 2mb/s until I factory reset my netduma and do all of the settings again.

I thought it could have been comcasts equipment that had been messing up, but it wasn't until after I did a normal reset on the comcast modem like last time to check if it was the problem, I was still capped. Then I factory reset the netduma and ran through the proper setup (like last time), and my speeds returned again.

all signs are pointing to the netduma right now, I'm not an expert or anything but if factory resetting to get my speeds back is the only solution how isn't it the netduma?

all signs are pointing to the netduma right now, I'm not an expert or anything but if factory resetting to get my speeds back is the only solution how isn't it the netduma?

That would strongly indicate that you had changed a setting, within your Netduma, that limited your bandwidth. The factory reset has undone that change.

That would strongly indicate that you had changed a setting, within your Netduma, that limited your bandwidth. The factory reset has undone that change.

I haven't touched a single setting that isn't in the manual for a manual setup. All of my settings were posted in the original post, and to add on to that. I don't begin trying to upload until after I've re-done the settings to how I've had them before, which means it works with my settings, then it randomly F's up until another reset.

• Netduma Staff

I haven't touched a single setting that isn't in the manual for a manual setup. All of my settings were posted in the original post, and to add on to that. I don't begin trying to upload until after I've re-done the settings to how I've had them before, which means it works with my settings, then it randomly F's up until another reset.

You wires haven't been mentioned in this thread, so definitely try replacing the wire from your Modem to the Netduma. Often people can perceive that the router is to blame since with it disconnected they get their full speeds, but then it's just the wire to the router causing the issue.

A couple more speed settings - try disabling IPv6 in LAN, WAN and Misc, and also disable Deep Packet Inspection in Misc. If you then type in your speeds, allow the Netduma to do an auto-setup, reboot the router from Settings > Misc, and run a speed test wired to a PC (not at peak times) what results do you get?

A couple more speed settings - try disabling IPv6 in LAN, WAN and Misc, and also disable Deep Packet Inspection in Misc. If you then type in your speeds, allow the Netduma to do an auto-setup, reboot the router from Settings > Misc, and run a speed test wired to a PC (not at peak times) what results do you get?

I listed in the OP that the only settings that are enabled are cookies and turbo mode. Speedtest run fine, it's when I attempt to upload to youtube, I randomly have gotten capped and the only fix is factory resetting the router. I could try using different cables, but like I've said before.. 0 problems with my internet before getting a netduma. I only need it for streaming/gaming purposes.

Out of stock everywhere. Supply and demand.

I don't get why modems are so expensive all they do is to provide a link to your connection is not like they doing much if anything they should cost $1. Same thing for the routers.

• Netduma Staff

I listed in the OP that the only settings that are enabled are cookies and turbo mode. Speedtest run fine, it's when I attempt to upload to youtube, I randomly have gotten capped and the only fix is factory resetting the router. I could try using different cables, but like I've said before.. 0 problems with my internet before getting a netduma. I only need it for streaming/gaming purposes.

Check the VPN page, are there any ticked devices in there? Ensure everything in the VPN section is disabled (sometimes even if you haven't touched this page, a device could be enabled by default). Have you added your PC (or device used to upload to Youtube) to the Geo-filter? If so, disable it and see if the issue occurs again. If you attempt to upload to Youtube from a different device, does your upload speed still drop? What about uploading to a different site?

• 3 weeks later...