Destiny 2

Thanks for the confirmation Matty. I downloaded Fortnite at launch and it was locked behind a paywall. I'll try again!

Bungie fixed a lot of stuff in D2 in terms of the grind, but they screwed the pooch by taking the random rolls out of gear drops. I understand it from a balance perspective, but there's no incentive to continue playing for those ever-elusive god rolls.

Ironically, Iron Banner used to be far less grindy with known rewards, now it's RNG and less enjoyable.

I also don't like the oversimplification of D2 at large, but it does make it more accessible for my 7 y/o son. From that perspective, I'll happily play, but I don't feel the same desire to put in thousands of hours like I did in Destiny.

It's pretty evident most of the core Destiny players feel the same - Destiny was a top 10 game on Twitch for 3 years. Destiny 2 is out of the top 20 within a month. Bungie is damned if they do and damned if they don't - I suspect we'll see improvements in the expansion packs.

And yeah, the Duma is great for controlling D2 lobbies :)

I hope so, i had over 2000 hours on my hunter in D1, i didn't even play destiny this weekend. The game is crap.

• 3 weeks later...

You can use 41, 38, 28 now. Should hopefully be more efficient. 

Do we need to Green check the boxes back on the "Enable auto cloud" and "Bleeding edge control" back after making the Whitelist 41, Game server 38, and Map 28? Do I leave them unchecked and apply changes?

Thanks for the awesome support as always!

Do we need to Green check the boxes back on the "Enable auto cloud" and "Bleeding edge control" back after making the Whitelist 41, Game server 38, and Map 28? Do I leave them unchecked and apply changes?

You can active automatic settings (tick auto cloud and bleeding edge) for the cloud.

It takes 4 hours to replicate.

• Netduma Staff

As Chive said, you can leave Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge cloud ticked for the most stable cloud version available at that time. The cloud numbers are experimental, so could either be great or unstable and are to be used at your own discretion :)

• 9 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 12:45 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can use 41, 38, 28 now. Should hopefully be more efficient. 

Is this still what should be used? I've switched to PC so just seeing if the duma will be of any benefit.

For some reason I can't select 28 or any numbers in the thrid box. Like it let's me scroll for numbers but as soon as I select a number it defaults the entry to 1.

On 9/2/2018 at 2:10 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Could you switch to bleeding edge please? If you have any other mislocated servers please let us know. 

I was using bleeding edge and auto cloud as I am unable to enter a number for the third option, and haven't been advised why that is or what is optimal.

• Netduma Staff
23 hours ago, MaltedMilkhouse said:

I was using bleeding edge and auto cloud as I am unable to enter a number for the third option, and haven't been advised why that is or what is optimal.

Alright not to worry. Don't bother with those cloud numbers just yet - we'll be working on a new cloud update fairly soon to address these mislocated servers.

No worries, I've got to say things have improved significantly from when I first used this in late D1 and early D2 on console, where I was constantly getting kicked from games etc. I had to stop using it. So far on PC I've only been error coded/kicked 3 times in over 100 hours, and been able to make full use of the geo filter, which on PC is essential due to the smaller playerbase.

• Netduma Staff
21 hours ago, MaltedMilkhouse said:

No worries, I've got to say things have improved significantly from when I first used this in late D1 and early D2 on console, where I was constantly getting kicked from games etc. I had to stop using it. So far on PC I've only been error coded/kicked 3 times in over 100 hours, and been able to make full use of the geo filter, which on PC is essential due to the smaller playerbase.

That's awesome to hear! I play D2 as well and have to agree. It feels like a lot of booting / disconnections are just caused by the game itself, which is unsurprising given how much is going on behind the scenes with Destiny networking. Thanks for sharing your experience, good to know! :)