few observances during ww2 beta connecting to closest dedi

Macabi83

I am in south Florida, when I would connect to the one in Miami the closest one to me, the ping was somewhere in between 9-15ms to the dedicated server but when I wound ping it, I would see the ping bar up and down with decent spikes, yet when I connect to the one further in Georgia would be more stable ping bars but like 25-30ms ?

I am in south Florida, when I would connect to the one in Miami the closest one to me, the ping was somewhere in between 9-15ms to the dedicated server but when I wound ping it, I would see the ping bar up and down with decent spikes, yet when I connect to the one further in Georgia would be more stable ping bars but like 25-30ms ?

That's approx 5ms fluctuation on both.

The graph of the low-ping dedi simply shows bigger spikes because the peak of the spike is a larger proportional increase of the base in comparison.

10-15ms: spikes are +50% over the base.

25-30ms: spikes are +20% over the base.

If you were on a 100ms dedi, a 5ms fluctuation would look virtually flat.

The closest server to me(Louisville,KY) is the Atlanta dedi, usually ping between 12-18. However I noticed consistently poor gameplay during WW2 beta on this server. Felt as if I was being put at a disadvantage to me. I have a 1 gig fiber ATT line and show no packet loss on PingPlotter so I think my line is pretty solid. I had some good games on the Florida dedi but also more lobbies with S. American and Caribbean players with 100ms+ pings so pretty inconsistent experience. My best game were on the Kansas City(Midwest) dedi's even though my ping ranged from 25-35. I never was able to connect to the Illinois dedi during the beta but I remember back on AW I had consistent games on that server ( but that was before I had fiber so not sure what to expect). Hopefully we will all have a better experience after launch.