Help Request- Sky Q Hub- Xbox One

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if I could ask for some help. I recently upgraded to a Sky Q Hub on my network and I have popped my netduma in there as I wanted to get back into some multiplayer in the lead up to Xbox one x in November. I have the netduma plugged into one of the Ethernet ports on the Hub. Xbox One is plugged into the netduma. I have a PS4 which is wireless upstairs. The issue I am having is connecting with online games generally but the issue seems to change each time I try. Most of the time I am getting 'can't find a teredo address' when I run the network test. When it does work when I try to join a game whether it be Gears 4, halo or COD it drops me out just before joining the game then my console goes back to the same error. I intermittently get an open nat which changes as soon as I try to play a game. Like most houses I have a plethora of devices attached to the Hub rather than netduma but I have never had any issues previously. I don't have a problem with the PS4 as far as I can tell but I don't play much multiplayer online on PSN. I have tried setting a static IP or resetting Upnp. I have turned IPv6 on and off. I have been through the entire route of the Xbox.com's trouble shooter guides and no success. I am wondering whether there is another underlying issue.

I appreciate that I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to this things and mainly follow guides but I am really struggling what to try next.

I wonder if I could trouble for some assistance?

Thanks in advance to everyone who may have ideas.

Ian.

Ianw99

• Netduma Staff

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if I could ask for some help. I recently upgraded to a Sky Q Hub on my network and I have popped my netduma in there as I wanted to get back into some multiplayer in the lead up to Xbox one x in November. I have the netduma plugged into one of the Ethernet ports on the Hub. Xbox One is plugged into the netduma. I have a PS4 which is wireless upstairs. The issue I am having is connecting with online games generally but the issue seems to change each time I try. Most of the time I am getting 'can't find a teredo address' when I run the network test. When it does work when I try to join a game whether it be Gears 4, halo or COD it drops me out just before joining the game then my console goes back to the same error. I intermittently get an open nat which changes as soon as I try to play a game. Like most houses I have a plethora of devices attached to the Hub rather than netduma but I have never had any issues previously. I don't have a problem with the PS4 as far as I can tell but I don't play much multiplayer online on PSN. I have tried setting a static IP or resetting Upnp. I have turned IPv6 on and off. I have been through the entire route of the Xbox.com's trouble shooter guides and no success. I am wondering whether there is another underlying issue.

I appreciate that I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to this things and mainly follow guides but I am really struggling what to try next.

I wonder if I could trouble for some assistance?

Thanks in advance to everyone who may have ideas.

Ian.

Ianw99

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum! So first off, we always recommend connecting -all- devices to the Netduma to make use of the Netduma congestion control. You won't be feeling the benefits of Anti Flood of Device Prioritisation without that being the case.

I'd recommend sticking your console in the Netduma Hyper Traffic (located in congestion control), resetting Device Prioritisation and setting Anti-flood to 70% / 70%. As for the Teredo error, try going into Settings > Misc and ticking 'Auto Cloud' and 'Bleeding Edge Cloud'. This will take 4 hours to come into effect. I would also recommend resetting the router via Settings > Misc.

If you disable the Geo-filter, do you still get issues? Without the Geo-filter enabled, the Netduma will essentially act like a standard router. Bear in mind that the Geo-filter functions differently with some games as well - it should work well with Halo and CoD, but Gears 4 uses a different server setup which means the Geo-filter might not be needed.

I would recommend keeping IPv6 disabled, since PS4 doesn't support IPv6 anyway. If you turn out to be on IPv4 (which most people are) you'll get higher speeds with IPv6 disabled. Let us know how you get on with this advice :)

• Netduma Staff

Looks like it has worked for now. Thank you. I will keep and eye on and see if anything changes. Cheers for the help.

No problem :) I'll now close this thread, but feel free to open a new one should you need any more assistance.