Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for a gaming monitor

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

gamerukali

gamerukali

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Local time: 01:50 AM

Hi i know this isnt really netduma related but i need some advice on a good monitor for my ps4.

I wanted to buy benq rl2455hm but i cant find no online selling it in uk because its a bit old. Does anyone know any better alternative for sale ?

N3CR0

N3CR0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

I have a BenQ RL27. Only had it maybe 3 months now. Couldn't recommend more.

XSXS

XSXS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Local time: 05:50 PM
  • LocationAZ

Only recommendation I could give you is look for a 4k one especially if you have an Xbox or considering buying the Scorpio

frank1144

frank1144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationUS - CA

I just bought the Asus 

VG245H for $160.00    

17064580.png21963376.png

Homie

Homie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I ordered Asus MG279Q, received email stating the product is waiting for me and when I got there they told me sorry it's sold out. I went to see the manager, told him I paid in full, came to pick up the order and someone sold it. So, for inconvenience he give me Asus ROG Swift PG279Q for the same price as MG279Q ...

Once in a life time. 

sncjez

sncjez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationSW London

Hi i know this isnt really netduma related but i need some advice on a good monitor for my ps4.

I wanted to buy benq rl2455hm but i cant find no online selling it in uk because its a bit old. Does anyone know any better alternative for sale ?

Yes me. 

XL2411T...Great all rounder for pc/console going cheap if your interested p'm me  ;)

Posted Image

Fake Ping

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,380 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I'm in the market for a 4K monitor too, with super low response and input lag...

I've been hearing happy noises from others that recently upgraded their screens - can't remember what they bought though.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

mountainping

mountainping

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

I just bought the Asus 

VG245H for $160.00    

where?   anyhow i would recommend this monitor

frank1144

frank1144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationUS - CA

where?   anyhow i would recommend this monito

where?   anyhow i would recommend this monitor

frys

cfrys.

17064580.png21963376.png

cranium2001

cranium2001

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Local time: 08:50 PM
  • LocationNew York
I bought the Asus MG28UQ 4k at the end of last year thinking I'd need it for my One S. It undeniably a nice monitor but not a game changer for the One S. Im hoping it is for the Scorpio. Its not really true 4K if the game isn't anyway. It's also not 60 fps at hdmi 2.0 either. You have to use the display port for that. Xbox One doesn't have it yet (not sure if the X will) and adapters do not work.

This is my 3rd Asus monitor and I like it a lot. One complaint though is getting it to wake up out of sleep mode can be a chore. I was on the phone with Asus and they had me change some power settings. It did nothing to fix it. I love the ability to lift, tilt turn etc though.

If you need 4K you better shop around. There may be better by now. I'd even consider a 4k tv if size doesn't matter. Finding one below 40" will be a chore though. At least one where the specs fit. Go to rtngs.com for research. Its been the best site I've seen so far for this info.✌👍

cranium2001

cranium2001

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationNew York
This is my old monitor. It's amazing for the money.

Attached Files

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationUK

Can't go wrong with that model; I've had two, and I bought both from Amazon. It's out of stock here ( https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B00CFFFGUM ) but you could "upgrade" to the latest version of that model - the BenQ Zowie RL2455 - if you can't find the HM. It may set you back about £30 more though.

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationUK
Sorry, my browser had a brain fart and double posted. I can't delete either on my phone lol

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,306 posts
  • LocationUK
Sorted that for you IIIRL.

I've just got a IIyama gold master 4K for the upcoming X, it's working out great for 1080p too.

It uses the same panel as the Samsung 4K.

It cost me 285 very lucky to get it for that 😁

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationUK
Cheers Zen 👍

I had an Asus VE247H before I got my second BenQ; very similar spec/cost-wise but also as old so it might be tough to pick one up. I believe it was classed as the successor to the "Evo" model that was used at tournaments before BenQ became more popular, as it had under half a frame (7.8ms) of input lag, while I believe the RL2455HM averages around 10ms. Not much difference of course, and it still performs admirably, but I'd imagine you can pick up newer more responsive models for around the same price now.

I've never played PC games so I've never used anything other than a 60Hz monitor, but I've always wondered something. Higher refresh rate monitors always seem to have lower input lag (well TN monitors anyway); does that mean you can set it to 60Hz for use on console and enjoy the same responsiveness, or does that lower lag result directly from more, shorter frames being displayed? I've never been able to wrap my head around that while browsing through 120Hz options.

If the former is true it would be great for those who want to simplify their setup as they could use the same monitor for both console and PC gaming. Then again, hardcore PC gamers probably prefer 144Hz which isn't a multiple of 60Hz anyway :/

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

benq XL2720Z, it has single strobe, which is a must for console gaming, you can move the cross talk to a different area of the screen, and many of the other well loved features. the draw back for me is the menus are very fiddly, before i had this monitor i averaged about 6-9 kills per game, now im about 20-24kills per game.

3935489.png

Congestion Control on 97% download and upload

IP Profile for your line is - 77.42 Mbps from btw performance test

HG612 and Netduma No DMZ Method

cranium2001

cranium2001

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationNew York

benq XL2720Z, it has single strobe, which is a must for console gaming, you can move the cross talk to a different area of the screen, and many of the other well loved features. the draw back for me is the menus are very fiddly, before i had this monitor i averaged about 6-9 kills per game, now im about 20-24kills per game.

The Asus controls are goofy too. The inconvenient location and everything are a pain. A remote would be nice.

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
I have the xl2420t picked it up second hand from some guy who gave me receipt with it,he had it 6 months and I payed £130 for it off him,was all boxed up like brand new even had all the peeley plastic on it still,I love it,hopefully see better things from it once Xbox X is released as it is obviously too powerful for console so a bit of a waste at the moment,bought it when AW was released same time I got the duma

Starwar

Starwar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 06:20 AM

I think you should check out more options of 4k or 144Hz gaming monitors. According to me, they are the best monitor options to play online gaming. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users