Two nub questions.

Got my R1 and have it mostly set up and figured out. I do have two ingnorance questions.

1) is there a way to save the geofilter screen settings? Every time i go there after shutting down the browser it loses my home setting, defaults to kilometers, and turns off peer monitoring.

2) i have four PS4s that we have family come over and game on. Now i have upnp on and it handles that fine for my main PS4 but i dont see how that is going to work with all four of them. I know i can add those devises in for using it to geofilter but should i do static ip and manual port forwarding to get all 4 of these with open NAT? If so can you point me to some directions on doing this for multiple devices?

Thx. Great product by the way.

1) is there a way to save the geofilter screen settings? Every time i go there after shutting down the browser it loses my home setting, defaults to kilometers, and turns off peer monitoring.

Go into misc settings and check the box that says enable cookies

• Netduma Staff

Got my R1 and have it mostly set up and figured out. I do have two ingnorance questions.

2) i have four PS4s that we have family come over and game on. Now i have upnp on and it handles that fine for my main PS4 but i dont see how that is going to work with all four of them. I know i can add those devises in for using it to geofilter but should i do static ip and manual port forwarding to get all 4 of these with open NAT? If so can you point me to some directions on doing this for multiple devices?

Thx. Great product by the way.

Hi, welcome to the forum! MoD BoX's suggestion will work for your first question - enable cookies must be enabled for settings to save. Also make sure whenever you reboot the router you do it through Settings > Miscellaneous to ensure they save.

Secondly, UPnP is essentially an automatic port forwarding feature. It's usually recommended to leave this enabled for multiple consoles. If you're getting a closed NAT on any of those consoles, ensure you only enable the Geo-filter when you're on the main menu of the game you're playing. (It can sometimes block background console servers).

If you wanted to try port forwarding, I'd recommend looking up the game you're playing and the ports it requires. This information is easily found online - and once you have that info, go into Settings > Port Forwarding, type a name for the rule (such as 'CoD Ports') and type the ports in before clicking 'Add Rule'. Make sure you click 'Apply' when you're done.

Ok thanks for the info. One last question, do i need to have a pc on and set up in order for the geo filter to work? In other words if i set the filter and turn off my pc, will those settings still apply on my PS4 or do i need to have that on every time i want geo filtering?

• Netduma Staff

Ok thanks for the info. One last question, do i need to have a pc on and set up in order for the geo filter to work? In other words if i set the filter and turn off my pc, will those settings still apply on my PS4 or do i need to have that on every time i want geo filtering?

All the configured settings on the Netduma interface will remain active so long as the Netduma is connected - that includes the Geo-filter. It's all done online rather than on a specific device, so if you accessed the UI on your phone the Geo-filter would still be the same settings and will still function with everything but your console turned off.

That being said, many Netduma users like to have the Geo-filter open alongside their console just to check out what's going on. It's just as useful for checking out ping and which hosts you're getting than for filtering.