Anyone with SB8200 having modem Reboots???

FQs19

So I have the R1 connected to an Arris SB8200 cable modem.

I have been having issues with T3 and T4 timeouts causing the modem to reboot. 

I thought this was an issue with Comcast. 

But it appears to be the same problem I had before with the SB6183 and its Energy Efficient Ethernet. 

Any heavy internet usage like downloading or streaming causes T3 and T4 timeouts leading to the modem rebooting. 

Does anyone using the SB8200 have similar issues???

I disconnected the SB8200 and I am officially done with Arris. A Cox Tech came out 2 weeks ago because I was still having issues with noise on my line since they fixed the node in July. He connected the modem to his tech meter to check for interference and it had spikes above 40db, which he said is bad. I asked him to test the TP Link 7610 and it was stable under the limit. I switched out the SB8200 and kept the TP Link.

I disconnected the SB8200 and I am officially done with Arris. A Cox Tech came out 2 weeks ago because I was still having issues with noise on my line since they fixed the node in July. He connected the modem to his tech meter to check for interference and it had spikes above 40db, which he said is bad. I asked him to test the TP Link 7610 and it was stable under the limit. I switched out the SB8200 and kept the TP Link.

Thanks for the info. 

Shame this router has issues with Arris modems. 

I was hoping Docsis 3.1 would help but it's making no difference for me. 

Thanks for the info. 

Shame this router has issues with Arris modems. 

I was hoping Docsis 3.1 would help but it's making no difference for me. 

Oh, yeah... It has nothing to do with the Netduma... Arris is just bad now ;)

Oh, yeah... It has nothing to do with the Netduma... Arris is just bad now ;)

Actually it is a problem with the R1.

I can run the SB8200 with any other router and have no issues with gaming and streaming. I just miss out on the geo filter and qos.

So to make a router fit for gamers, they need to understand what is happening with certain modems. Modems that are used by a large portion of gamers and steamers.

They know there is a problem, but they couldn't solve it. It would be extremely helpful if they explained the problem and state why certain modems don't work well with the R1.

Please stop telling everyone to buy a TP-Link TC7610.

We get it, it works well.

I have it, but i want to use a different modem.

Let members discuss other modems already.

Please stop telling everyone to buy a TP-Link TC7610.

We get it, it works well.

I have it, but i want to use a different modem.

So basically you have a car that gets you from point A to point B perfectly fine... but you want a new car because it has 8 wheels instead of 4, even though it still gets you from the same point A to point B but slower than car number 1. Seems logical lol

So basically you have a car that gets you from point A to point B perfectly fine... but you want a new car because it has 8 wheels instead of 4, even though it still gets you from the same point A to point B but slower than car number 1. Seems logical lol

You have a car that gets you from point A to point B just fine, but you want a newer car that has an upgraded interior and more horsepower, even though it gets you from point A to point B, it will provide a better driving experience. All personal preference by the user. Either one will get you form point A to B, so long as the car is not a lemon (puma chipset) and constantly gives you problems. It's up to the user to decide how they want to travel. 

I was waiting for Docsis 3.1 too and instead of going for the Netgear CM1000, I went for the Arris modem. :(

Xymox has an SB8200 and his performs quite well. According to his dslreports posts, he claims it has the lowest latency. He seems very knowledgeable regarding modems. His ping plotter tests look superior as well.

Curious if yours may be a lemon. Maybe return it for another and give that a try.

XS had issues with his TC-7610 and returned it. It appeared that his was defective. However mine was pretty spot on. I am now running a CM600 and don't notice a difference between either modems. I would like to try out an SB8200 or CM1000, just can't justify the cost at the moment.

Xymox has an SB8200 and his performs quite well. According to his dslreports posts, he claims it has the lowest latency. He seems very knowledgeable regarding modems. His ping plotter tests look superior as well.

Curious if yours may be a lemon. Maybe return it for another and give that a try.

XS had issues with his TC-7610 and returned it. It appeared that his was defective. However mine was pretty spot on. I am now running a CM600 and don't notice a difference between either modems. I would like to try out an SB8200 or CM1000, just can't justify the cost at the moment.

I already returned one which was defective. 

This one was much more stable. 

I've been working so much that I wasn't using my internet heavily and didn't have any issues, so I've gone past my return window unfortunately. 

I already returned one which was defective. 

This one was much more stable. 

I've been working so much that I wasn't using my internet heavily and didn't have any issues, so I've gone past my return window unfortunately. 

That's too bad. Maybe Arris could help you out. Not sure how they warranty their products.

FYI,

this is screenshot taken from Ping Plotter running on a PC connected directly to the R1 which is connected to the SB8200.

My internet speeds are 220 down/12 up with congestion control set at 75% down/85% up. 

It is a typical Cable broadband Ping Plotter result. You will see the same result if I connected up my TPLink TC7610. 

1504380675-U1511.png

So there is no issue with this modem apart from it restarting under extreme load. 

I believe, there is an issue with the R1 and this modem just like the EEE issue from early on with the SB6183. 

This does not affect gaming at all. My pings aren't erratic. Just every once in a while the modem reboots. 

That's too bad. Maybe Arris could help you out. Not sure how they warranty their products.

I'm in contact with a Comcast rep on DSLReports for my issues. 

I may try and reach out to an Arris Rep to see if they have similar reports coming in from other users. 

I have heard that a bad power supply could cause this.  DO you have another adapter for the modem you could try?  Is the power supply connected to a surge protector? If so try connecting it directly to an outlet.

I have heard that a bad power supply could cause this. DO you have another adapter for the modem you could try? Is the power supply connected to a surge protector? If so try connecting it directly to an outlet.

It is connected to a home theater surge protector.

I don't have another power supply but could look for one.

I'll try doing this. Thanks for the tip.

A modem rebooting is from your upstream power level being too high or there is too much upstream noise. But what do I know?

Lol why can't you ever just give your advice with out being well.... . You know. Just saying.

Lol why can't you ever just give your advice with out being well.... . You know. Just saying.

Cause everyone else in this small group of people is a dick to me when I'm trying to help, so fuck em.

According to Fraser, http://forum.netduma.com/topic/20801-router-beeping-probably-need-new-power-supply/?p=146513,

a 24V .8A power supply is recommended for the R1.

That is also the power supply recommendation from MicoTik's own website for the RB951G-2HnD

The power supply that came with my R1 is a 12V 1A. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2AQt2zYNTaMbmoyYzJvZU1TbkU

Is this a problem?

FYI,

this is screenshot taken from Ping Plotter running on a PC connected directly to the R1 which is connected to the SB8200.

My internet speeds are 220 down/12 up with congestion control set at 75% down/85% up. 

It is a typical Cable broadband Ping Plotter result. You will see the same result if I connected up my TPLink TC7610. 

1504380675-U1511.png

So there is no issue with this modem apart from it restarting under extreme load. 

I believe, there is an issue with the R1 and this modem just like the EEE issue from early on with the SB6183. 

This does not affect gaming at all. My pings aren't erratic. Just every once in a while the modem reboots. 

man you have a great ping. look at my results from pinging www.google.com

post-18216-0-73463600-1504793922_thumb.png

I sent yesterday a lotta screenshots from the pingplotter and the netduma to my internet provider. because they dont believe me that I have internet issues.