As you may or may not be aware one of our dear friend's and fellow DumaArmy member A7Legit passed away recently (you can give your condolences with others here: http://forum.netduma...passed-away/).
It was suggested that we throw a tournament in his honour. I think that is a fantastic idea. Rather than me just deciding what we should do I think that as a community we should come together and decide on how to run this tournament.
I will start out with a few ideas and provide a generic outline of things to decide on, then we can discuss them, come up with new ideas etc. I'll update this top post with the suggestions gathered and then after awhile I'll create a poll and we can vote on what we want the final tournament to look like. After that we'll do signups and finalise the plan.
- I don't know if A7 would have liked WW2 or not but a WW2 tournament could be nice, playing the CoD game that he was unfortunately never able to try out or possibly play one of his favourite CoDs - BO3 perhaps?
- Free For All
- Instead of a prize I think:
- A donation to his family that everyone can contribute to (sent in a massive card with short condolence messages)
- A donation to a charity like the British Heart Foundation (i.e. a charity that deals with the heart) that everyone can contribute to (alongside the card above saying how much we raised in his name)
Things to decide on:
- When should it take place?
- Anything else?
Please be polite and respectful in this thread. I won't tolerate any rudeness.
Early December if WW2
October/November if BO3
WW2 may not have as many players as possible