Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello Everyone and Questions Right Away :)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LegendMask

LegendMask

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 09:35 PM
Hi Everone

I decided to pull the trigger last night and becoming a member of this community after exchanging a couple of emails with Fraser and reading comments.

My Netduma is on its way and should be delivered today, so my question is what is the optimized inital setup you guys would recommend?

I have the following devices that will be used with Netduma

- Bell Modem (Home Hub 3000) FTTH (1Gbps down - 100Mbps down)
- Ethernet Cables (Xbox One 1 - PC)
- Wireless (Xbox One 2 - TV's - Cellphones - Tablets)

My main gaming where connection matters a lot to me is on Xbox One 1 playing FIFA and Call of Duty, and Im based in Canada

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As you are aware you won't get your full speeds, you won't experience local congestion with your speeds and so congestion control can't be used.

So when you enter your bandwidth speeds allow it to auto setup for you. 

Go straight to the Geo-filter, not exactly sure where players/servers will be located in reference to you but I usually recommend ~1000km radius, strict on and ping assist 0. You can change it up if that's too strict etc.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

LegendMask

LegendMask

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Hey Fraser... yeah Im aware of the speed and honestly on xbox one is not an issue however I prefer to have the full speed on my PC, do you suggest that I connect the PC directly to my ISP Modem/Router? As a matter of fact even all my wifi connection through the same way and basically just using Netduma for xbox?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

Yes you could absolutely do that, would be the optimum setup for your situation!

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

LegendMask

LegendMask

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Great... Looking forward to dominate:)

Edit: there is a WAN port in my ISP modem/router, is there something that Netduma can benifit from this port? Sorry if its a noob question

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

That's the port that that router would get internet from i.e. if plugged into a modem or another router.

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users