Support Guide - Fine Tuning the Netduma

• Netduma Staff

Iain and I have spent part of today writing a quick support guide for the Netduma which you can find here.

It basically outlines the following in a simple manner:

- Getting maximum speeds.

- Configuring anti-flood.

- Opening your NAT.

- Adding a device to the GeoFilter

- Fine tuning the GeoFilter depending on which game you are playing.

These seamed to be the most F&Q so putting them all into one help guide that talks you through settings for the above seamed appropriate.

Feel free to comment here on the system, e.g if you think it is affective, if you think anything has been missed off it - feedback is most welcome! My initial idea was to have it as a flow chart where you followed it around and clicked links on it but I think the way Iain has come up with is more affective and easier for new users.

If your someone who is having issues with the router, please start a new thread in the support section - don't use this thread for support please :)

• Netduma Staff

should i reserve a hdcp on my home isp? Sim on youtube recommends it but i dont know if he works with your company. 

This thread isn't for support, please make a new thread in the support section regarding this with all the details :)

I found it purely by accident while browsing through the wiki pages, and thought it was an excellent article.  Intuitive, informative and will undoubtedly be a valuable resource for new users.   :)

Also, be soooo much easier, for the regulars who try to help out, to be able to link to an article that has all the basics covered in one place.

If you wanted to know if it was "idiot proof", I can tell you I made it all the way to the end with ease.  So you've got that covered too :D

Good job guys desismileys_3266.gif

• Administrators

Halo MCC is not officially supported but I assume its:

• Ping assist set to 0ms
  • Strict mode on
  • Set the distance quite large as the population is pretty low

I set my ping at 50. Just saw a tweet and always see people on here saying they have 15 or so ping. If I set mine that low I don't know if I'll ever get into a lobby. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Iain and I have spent part of today writing a quick support guide for the Netduma which you can find here.

It basically outlines the following in a simple manner:

- Getting maximum speeds.

- Configuring anti-flood.

- Opening your NAT.

- Adding a device to the GeoFilter

- Fine tuning the GeoFilter depending on which game you are playing.

These seamed to be the most F&Q so putting them all into one help guide that talks you through settings for the above seamed appropriate.

Feel free to comment here on the system, e.g if you think it is affective, if you think anything has been missed off it - feedback is most welcome! My initial idea was to have it as a flow chart where you followed it around and clicked links on it but I think the way Iain has come up with is more affective and easier for new users.

If your someone who is having issues with the router, please start a new thread in the support section - don't use this thread for support please :)

For some reason my mac address changes if update my netgear or reboot it. I know it's not the dumas fault, but it causes a strict nat. Just a heads up for anyone out there who uses another router in front of the Netduma.

• Administrators

Cranium, 15ms is probably way too low. I suspect people doing that don't understand how ping assist works.  Thanks for heads up as well. 

I have set my PA at 15ms only because my ping is 9 to 11 ms but I agree with Iain. If I get into a lobby it is never smooth. So I set it to 50. It is better that way.

• Administrators

Hi Paveloony,

It's because in Destiny every player is host so the peer ping is more useful. In cod there is one host, so the actual ping to other players has to go through the host. We can't do that so peer ping is only approximate for AW :)

Hi Paveloony,

It's because in Destiny every player is host so the peer ping is more useful. In cod there is one host, so the actual ping to other players has to go through the host. We can't do that so peer ping is only approximate for AW :)

Hi 

Thanx

One more question,if you don't mind   :)

When i'm performing speed test at speedtest.net  my results are Download ~ 55 and Upload at about ~ 3.2 mbps

do you recommend the Preemptive or Reactive when playing CoD and overall.

Thanx in advance

Preemptive should be selected if your download speed is below 60mbps. If you have a download speed which is greater than 60mbps, then you should select Reactive.

I have roughly 70/20 connection. I upgraded to the recent firmware, and even with the upload/download sliders at 95% my bw drops to 45/12ish. I am on the reactive setting.

Prior to the update, I used to get the full bw, even on the 70% recommended upload/download cap.

Has anyone any advice?

thanks

• Netduma Staff

yes - I have done this

The bandwidth is supposed to decrease when the slidered are lowered but perhaps not as much as it is for you.

Can you make sure share excess is enabled and then run the speed test. Can you also make sure you are getting full speeds with it set to 100%.